Thread: Raised bed ideas

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Default Raised bed ideas

Hey people,

So currently my tent is a right mess, and as part of my pledge of taking far better care of everything on the next grow I want to sort the floor space out as what I currently allow to happen is asking for trouble! *Shammeee... ding... shammmee..ding*

So I was after some inspiration and ideas really for this 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.3 tent

My main issue is run off which I can obviously use saucers for, but now these girls are near ready for the chop and I need to start flushing, I could have really done with planning for this before hand as now everything is strogged and one way or another I've made more work for myself.

As you can see I'm growing in soil at the moment and don't have any plans to change just yet. I have a dehumidifier and fan heater to go in that space as well, but would like to try and get 4 plants in there.

Also on another note.. I have a fan secured to one of the side poles but I cant set it to osculate because the negative pressure sucks the sides of the walls in too much and it restricts the movement of the fan. Has anyone else had this issue?

If anyone has any pics of how they set up and lay everything out in this type of space, I'd love to see them or hear about them!

Thanks guys

(In fact I can't seem to upload a picture for some reason, is this down to the site problems from yesterday??)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

AND (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Brace the tent out where the fan is to stop from sucking in at that point and hang the fan from the crossbars with bungees

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Brace the tent out where the fan is to stop from sucking in at that point and hang the fan from the crossbars with bungees
    Thanks a great idea thank you! Ive contacted the manufacturers to see if I can get 3 of those ceiling bars, they would be ideal for bracing the sides

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Was meant to say hang the heater

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

Was meant to say hang the heater
    Ahh what do you mean, hang the heater from where?

The guys at Hydrolabs found me some spare ceiling poles I can use for the sides, that should work really well thanks for the head up AND.

I just need a master plan for my soil drainage system and then I'm there lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you dont have the floor space, hang the heater from those same crossbars, when you get them obviously, tis what I do with both of mine...more plant space

Drainage easy, get rectangular garland trays for pots, tip at slight angle, drill hole in corner, place bucket under hole

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18), lipnobody (07-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

If you dont have the floor space, hang the heater from those same crossbars, when you get them obviously, tis what I do with both of mine...more plant space

Drainage easy, get rectangular garland trays for pots, tip at slight angle, drill hole in corner, place bucket under hole
    my idea exactly! ive been hoaking about for some plastic trays, cant justify forking out nearly 20€ for a 1mx0.25 plastic tray so keepin n eye out on the bins one mans rubbish is another mans treasure
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

AND (07-12-18), Cleargreen (12-12-18), Erby (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

But then the trays would need to be at bucket height yeah? Otherwise when they are scrogged I wont be able to lift them? I think maybe Im over complicating my master plan lol...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    But then the trays would need to be at bucket height yeah? Otherwise when they are scrogged I wont be able to lift them? I think maybe Im over complicating my master plan lol...
    dont mean to sound smarmy but a smaller bucket may help if youve height issues or incorporate the trays from the start of the grow so the only thing that gets removed is the bucket savesyou having to lift the pots whilst they are in scrog

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

Found these in B&Q which seem cheap so thought I?d share... ?5 for the long, 4 for the shorter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-12-18), GasMan (11-12-18), Gaz (11-12-18), GEORGE (11-12-18), tom222 (12-12-18)