Thread: Question about lighting and flowering

Thanks

Default Question about lighting and flowering

Hi everyone, quick question and heads up to try to help anyone remember to prevent this from happening! About 10 days ago, I turned the regular light on in the room to take some pictures of the lovely lady, and I FORGOT TO TURN OFF THE ROOM LIGHT!!!! Every time I go in its always so damn bright from the hps I havnt been looking up until yesterday! Now even though the room lights been on for 10 continuous days, the buds have still seemed to be fattening up and feel dense like they're not stressed, they're just starting to look kinda hairy and I'm wondering if this is why! The light is right above my grow light so I realized she's being slightly shaded by hps on its "night" cycle and am wondering if this is why she seemed to continue flowering. Or is she revegging without my knowledge due to this only being my second grow and havnt heard of this mistake. 10 days ago

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-12-18), GEORGE (12-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Are they autos? Is so, it doesnt really matter. Either way, not much to be done now. Just get them back on the proper cycle. Looking lovely anyway

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-12-18), GEORGE (12-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

It takes 3 to 4 weeks, to start reveg.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Assuming they're photos so as
    Hotshot says, it takes a while for the hormones to build back up.

I would personally put them in full darkness for 24 or even 48 hours to put a stop to those hormones

Even run 11 on 13 off for a few days after that too

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18), Priapus (13-12-18), Silkadin (13-12-18)

Thanks

No she is not auto shes a photo blue bull by stoney girl gardens 2 months vegged with 1000 watt "blue" light and at 53 days flower "red"light hps.

Cool so it sounds like I should be good considering it takes a few weeks and the room light is super dim, i think I will try the 24 hrs dark. This experience makes me wonder, since it takes so long for that hormone to kick in , do some people actually flip their plant to flower, then once she's fully in flower change the light cycle to 18-24 hrs of light for a few days to a week to actually try to get bigger buds considering more light = bigger plant = bigger buds? Or does the extra light stress the plants?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18)