Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PK boost

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Default PK boost

I'm looking for a good PK booster for the last week of flower before flush. I hear that giving a dose stresses the plants a bit and encourages big, dense buds. I don't want to spend a bunch. Here are my finalists.

Anyone have any opinion or advice?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18)

Thanks

I'm defo a rank amateur but my understanding of pk is better to use early on flower help them stack on, I would've thought starting to use so late on would be too little too late.

However hold on for someone who actually knows for sure
    Live from the dog house

2nd grow 1st diary White Widow Auto - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070731446

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hashhound View Post
    I'm defo a rank amateur but my understanding of pk is better to use early on flower help them stack on, I would've thought starting to use so late on would be too little too late.

However hold on for someone who actually knows for sure
    No I'm using a lesser pk booster now. These are specifically to stress the plant at the end.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    No I'm using a lesser pk booster now. These are specifically to stress the plant at the end.

As I'm said I'm clueless hahaha. What's the manufacturer recommendations? Have you checked out their sites, may tell you the answer

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18), Jeff (13-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hashhound View Post
    As I'm said I'm clueless hahaha. What's the manufacturer recommendations? Have you checked out their sites, may tell you the answer
    Yep and yes. These are all very similar products. They range in size from 170g to 1kg. The general instructions are 1/2 tsp per gallon during the last 1 to 3 weeks of flower. 1kg will last for years, and I'm already using that line, so I'm leaning towards the koolbloom. I just hate coming off 20 bucks right now. Damned 200 dollar battery!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yep and yes. These are all very similar products. They range in size from 170g to 1kg. The general instructions are 1/2 tsp per gallon during the last 1 to 3 weeks of flower. 1kg will last for years, and I'm already using that line, so I'm leaning towards the koolbloom. I just hate coming off 20 bucks right now. Damned 200 dollar battery!!!

I'd be inclined to use the same range if as most manufacturers claim they are made to work in harmony with other products of theirs, I suppose the thing is will it make a noticeable difference?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18), Jeff (13-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Stressing the plants with p and k to give better returns is a myth

These dont look very good for the end of flower. The ratios arnt the best, Opt for somthing with a higher amount of pottasium than phosphorus. Give the plants what they need at the back end of the grow. Dont force excessive amounts of phosphorus through them.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (13-12-18), GEORGE (13-12-18), Hashhound (14-12-18), Jeff (13-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18), M_C (13-12-18), redisiel (13-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

These dont look very good for the end of flower. The ratios arnt the best, Opt for somthing with a higher amount of pottasium than phosphorus. Give the plants what they need at the back end of the grow. Dont force excessive amounts phosphorus through them.
    forcing increased p-k at the very end also gives ya weed a terrible taste/burn
    week 4-9 'depending on indica/sativa flowering length' pump ya pk vs npk then water only 7-20 days

doesn't decrease yield and a better quality at the end
    it's when ya girls swell up in mid flower they need pk, not at the end of swelling

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Blue (13-12-18), GEORGE (13-12-18), Hashhound (14-12-18), Jeff (13-12-18), M_C (13-12-18), Valentina (14-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

These dont look very good for the end of flower. The ratios arnt the best, Opt for somthing with a higher amount of pottasium than phosphorus. Give the plants what they need at the back end of the grow. Dont force excessive amounts phosphorus through them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    forcing increased p-k at the very end also gives ya weed a terrible taste/burn
    week 4-9 'depending on indica/sativa flowering length' pump ya pk vs npk then water only 7-20 days

doesn't decrease yield and a better quality at the end
    it's when ya girls swell up in mid flower they need pk, not at the end of swelling
    Thanks guys. That's exactly what I needed to know. I'll save myself 20 bucks.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18), redisiel (13-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Seeweed booster i make n molasses do a mighty fine job . Well in soil that it .

Is this for your coco ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-18), Hashhound (14-12-18), Jeff (13-12-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast