Thread: can I start bloom nutes now?

Thanks

Default can I start bloom nutes now?

hi just wanted to know if it's a good time to start my bloom nutes, plants will be 7 weeks old on Saturday but would have been in flower for 2 weeks tomorrow, just wanted to know if I should start them now, have not fed any nutes up until this points growing in 15l pots which I planted directly into, using plant magic supreme organic soil and have oldtimers bloom to use aswell as OT pk 4/8 which I will start about 4 week, I got a chart of plant magic website saying that start of week 3 to add 4ml per l, I use 5l of water and the plant takes 4.1l - 4.3l of it with 700ml of run off , as I haven't added nutes yet was gonna start with 1ml per l so gonna add 5ml to the water and start like that, just wanna know if it's a good time to start haha, first grow, they are auto flower nothern lights, any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by ryan2293; 13-12-18 at 10:56 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18), MonsterEnergy (13-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

whilst they grow & stretch they need plenty of nitrogen
    once the growing/stretching is over the need for Nitrogen drops greatly

that's when i start pk feeding, with an odd dose of grow or bloom mixed in as/if it's needed

the question you have ryan is do they actually need fed yet or is the soil still feeding them?
    it's soil supreme that's very heavy with nitrogen

a picture is a better indicator than age or soil, hope this helps

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18), ryan2293 (14-12-18)

Thanks

Default good question

It would be better if you could transplant into a larger pot with the Original soil. However, if you start your bloom fertilizer, I would start with 1/4 the manufacture recommends and bottom water with feed until the plant gets used to the new environment. Example, just water as usual with plane water on top, and then water from the bottom with a of mix of water and nutrients from the bottom tray, and let it suck up the nutes from the bottom. After the plant get used to the feed then start adding from the top!

"Weakly weekly" is the term for this method and it works great. Weakly means lower nutes and weekly gives you a week to see the results.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18), ryan2293 (14-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    It would be better if you could transplant into a larger pot with the Original soil. However, if you start your bloom fertilizer, I would start with 1/4 the manufacture recommends and bottom water with feed until the plant gets used to the new environment. Example, just water as usual with plane water on top, and then water from the bottom with a of mix of water and nutrients from the bottom tray, and let it suck up the nutes from the bottom. After the plant get used to the feed then start adding from the top!

"Weakly weekly" is the term for this method and it works great. Weakly means lower nutes and weekly gives you a week to see the results.
    I put them straight into 15l pots didn't think I would need any bigger lol, as I said they take usally 4l every 4 days, you reckon I should maybe out a litre through top and let it speak up the other from bottom??? or shall I water less with first feed and do more frequently?? haven't seen any color changes on the plant just thought as it's been 7 weeks they would need it by now haha, still seeing daily changes so can't be going too bad

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

that's when i start pk feeding, with an odd dose of grow or bloom mixed in as/if it's needed

the question you have ryan is do they actually need fed yet or is the soil still feeding them?

was gonna start my pk about week 4 of flower, I havent seen q color change in the plants it's just been 7 weeks so thought they would need something to feed on by now haha, I will upload a photo in about 40 mins when im home, plant is a darkish shade of green, plant isn't going light green or anything

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

that's a photo I took just now, just was curious if i needed to start feeding because how big they are getting and have only been using water

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-18)