Thread: Lower inner leaf problem

Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,174 Posts

Default Lower inner leaf problem

So I seemed to get this happen last run too but put it down to lack of light or bad feed schedule but I?ve noticed it happening again. Into week 3-4 of flower and it seems the lowest inner most leaves on the two chronic girls are going pale, wilting brown then falling off...

I think I?m sticking to the feeding better and the other two plants don?t seem to have the same problem, if anything they?re too dark.

I?ve post a picture of a leaf I took off, under canopy shot and over all (ish) of the affected plant. Hope someone can shed some light as I?m stumped again...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-12-18), G' (16-12-18), gardro (15-12-18), hotshot (16-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,539 Times in 3,694 Posts

Iv had this on some strains, its like they start defoliating themselves! See, by lookin at the yellow leaf id say lack of N but lookin at the plants they look well fed so id say not.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

G' (16-12-18), gardro (15-12-18), hotshot (16-12-18), UpT0wn (15-12-18), _teapot_ (16-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,438 Times in 5,128 Posts

Lack of light. Plant removes growth hormones from those leaves as they are now redundant.

Current diary
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (16-12-18), G' (16-12-18), hotshot (16-12-18), MonsterEnergy (16-12-18), _teapot_ (16-12-18)

Thanks

Default Lower inner leaf problem

Thanks guys, makes sense as it?s pretty dark down there. There?s letting them grow wood I guess. Might have a trim down there then

Been looking at a few of the additional lighting threads but is it really worth having lights under them?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

G' (16-12-18), hotshot (16-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,725 Times in 433 Posts

I had this on my last grow which I totally neglected. I didnt thin them out or lolly pop, just left them run feral after some topping. I also put it down to the plant just naturally thinning itself out to focus on the bud sites etc. No idea if I'm right tbh but thats what it felt like! Good luck bro
    600w HPS

White widow & white widow CBD grow:
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...widow-cbd-grow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

hotshot (16-12-18), _teapot_ (16-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    I had this on my last grow which I totally neglected. I didnt thin them out or lolly pop, just left them run feral after some topping. I also put it down to the plant just naturally thinning itself out to focus on the bud sites etc. No idea if I'm right tbh but thats what it felt like! Good luck bro
    That?s basically how I?ve let them go, topped a few times in a few places and left to do their thing. May give them a trim but they?re at least 3 weeks into flower now so shouldn?t I leave them to it?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-12-18), hotshot (16-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,725 Times in 433 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    That?s basically how I?ve let them go, topped a few times in a few places and left to do their thing. May give them a trim but they?re at least 3 weeks into flower now so shouldn?t I leave them to it?
    I'll let someone with more experience answer this for you mate but I dont think 3 weeks in is too far a long (but could well be wrong lol). Another worry is poor ventilation from the bushy leaves could create mould - so I suppose its all about weighing everything up.. But yeahh wait for one the seasoned pros to answer haha

All I now is for my my next batch I'll be doing a proper trim and lolly pop so the plant focuses on the buds more, and not wasting energy of keep unnecessary leaves alive. I have some really nice buds but they are not very forsty, and they are also taking an eternity to finish. I think I was a bit too 'let mother nature do her thing' lol, but with some better maintenance and better environment control then the yield should be better and better quality.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

hotshot (16-12-18), _teapot_ (17-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 Times in 1,817 Posts

Its fine buddy, lack of light down under
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (17-12-18), MrChedHead (17-12-18), _teapot_ (27-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,539 Times in 3,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Its fine buddy, lack of light down under
    Nice to see you back smobes

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

hotshot (17-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (17-12-18)