Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a zinc deficiency?

Thanks

Default Is this a zinc deficiency?

VIP Dwarf
    250 HPS
    Bio Bizz Light Mix
    11 litre pots

I'm now on Day 39, but appearance of this plant, has been yellowing since Day 21. At first I thought it was maybe light bleaching, or nute burn, but theres plenty of distance from the bulb, and my feeding schedule has been water-feed-water, every 2 days, since Day 28. Feed has been 0.5ml OT Grow and 0.5ml Bloom per 2 litres.

From the information I've seen, it appears it's a zinc deficiency. I'm going to try and get a PH pen today, even though soil usually buffers, and check the water. Any help is greatly welcomed. Below is the gradual change.

Day 21

Day 25

Day 29

Day39

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-12-18), Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (17-12-18), Greengrass (19-12-18), MonsterEnergy (17-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (17-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

zinc is only a trace element though mate, they just look a little overfed or locked out
    i highly doubt it's zinc
    Last edited by MonsterEnergy; 17-12-18 at 02:31 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-12-18), Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (17-12-18), ggotch (17-12-18), JimMcG (17-12-18), lipnobody (17-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcG View Post
    VIP Dwarf
    250 HPS
    Bio Bizz Light Mix
    11 litre pots

I'm now on Day 39, but appearance of this plant, has been yellowing since Day 21. At first I thought it was maybe light bleaching, or nute burn, but theres plenty of distance from the bulb, and my feeding schedule has been water-feed-water, every 2 days, since Day 28. Feed has been 0.5ml OT Grow and 0.5ml Bloom per 2 litres.

From the information I've seen, it appears it's a zinc deficiency. I'm going to try and get a PH pen today, even though soil usually buffers, and check the water. Any help is greatly welcomed. Below is the gradual change.

Day 21

Day 25

Day 29

Day39

Im guessing this is organic grow?

For what its worth is the light close?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18)

Thanks

Suggest a flush, then? Yeah, Monster Energy, it's organic. Light is about 12-14 inches from the top of plant. Clip on fan blowing across, the the height of the bulb.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i keep my 600's around 20-24 inches away. Bit closer with a parabolic but i dunno 14 inches seems quite close. you must have fans blasting like fuck? Id try simply moving the light up a bit to say 2 feet 24 inches. I find when i have an issue whether it be mag, or salt build up or whatever, if i back up on the light that damaged leaves may be struggling to process. Kind of releives the plant of some stress. Tbh more often than not issues on leaves can be down to the light for me. Anyway i leave that to you to decide a course of action. a flush wouldnt hurt, but id try the light first. All the best with it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), JimMcG (17-12-18)

Thanks

Probably rabbitting on but i guess you are not using any ph'ing chemicals with the organics yeah? If you do flush it then try and re establish a healthy microherd and get something like trichoderma or maybe liquid beneficial. These helpful little suckers will help to make you're organic food available and the ph where it needs to be. I hope you sort it fella, its horrible seeing the tops of you're prised plants like that

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), JimMcG (17-12-18)

Thanks

No ph chemicals. Just the light mix, occasional FF in the early weeks, then add organic magnesium to the water thats left to stand for 24. I'll try the light first, cheers. Following that, I'll seeabout trichoderma. I thought that might've been the cause, aswell, but the lower sugar leaves are getting pale, also. Thanks for your help!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default nute burn

Sorry you are having problems with your grow! It's nearly impossible to have a deficiency at this time with those plants. I'm not an auto guy, however I heard from a few good sources, that auto's don't like a lot of nutes. However, your problem is over-watering! The excess water caused the release of too much feed which also caused a lockout of zinc! Plus You probably used acid (pH down) in your mix which caused lock out. NOW that your plants are burned. I wouldn't do anything but plain water now! You should have enough feed in the pot and leaves stored up to give you a few buds. Remember this saying, "weakly weekly"! Weak dose of nutes then wait one week to see the results.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), JimMcG (18-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (18-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcG View Post
    No ph chemicals. Just the light mix, occasional FF in the early weeks, then add organic magnesium to the water thats left to stand for 24. I'll try the light first, cheers. Following that, I'll seeabout trichoderma. I thought that might've been the cause, aswell, but the lower sugar leaves are getting pale, also. Thanks for your help!
    Hey fella, yeah the plant will prob worsen before it gets better. The light thing, whether it that or not, is a good idea anyway. Can i ask why the magnesium? are you using ro water or water with little or no ec value? If you have water from the tap that is around 0.4 ec and 7 - 7.8 ish then you should hopefully have plenty cal, mag, well most traces. Ps its GREAT about no chemicals going in.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (22-12-18), Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), JimMcG (18-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    Sorry you are having problems with your grow! It's nearly impossible to have a deficiency at this time with those plants. I'm not an auto guy, however I heard from a few good sources, that auto's don't like a lot of nutes. However, your problem is over-watering! The excess water caused the release of too much feed which also caused a lockout of zinc! Plus You probably used acid (pH down) in your mix which caused lock out. NOW that your plants are burned. I wouldn't do anything but plain water now! You should have enough feed in the pot and leaves stored up to give you a few buds. Remember this saying, "weakly weekly"! Weak dose of nutes then wait one week to see the results.
    Yeah i was just re reading his doses of 0.5 ml grow and same bloom for around 10-14 days or so. Hes been using an organic balanced (and formulated for british water mostly) so im not sure how he has over fed with it being "light mix) but thats a good note you brought up about the watering. Its a lot of it for sure. When i do soil if im totally honest im lucky to get 2 waterings a week with them lol. Less is definately more i'll second that big time. I'm just wondering how much perlite is in the soil now. Kinda wondering if the use of magnesium (mono?) has imbalanced the ph....I'm intrigued

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), JimMcG (18-12-18)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast