Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a zinc deficiency?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hey fella, yeah the plant will prob worsen before it gets better. The light thing, whether it that or not, is a good idea anyway. Can i ask why the magnesium? are you using ro water or water with little or no ec value? If you have water from the tap that is around 0.4 ec and 7 - 7.8 ish then you should hopefully have plenty cal, mag, well most traces. Ps its GREAT about no chemicals going in.
    I performed a flush, last night. The reason I used OT organic magnesium, is due to on my last grow, I didn't use any, and was told the purple line running
    up the stem, was a magnesium deficiency (although, the last plant was a photo). The water used is tap water, left for 24 hours.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (19-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    Sorry you are having problems with your grow! It's nearly impossible to have a deficiency at this time with those plants. I'm not an auto guy, however I heard from a few good sources, that auto's don't like a lot of nutes. However, your problem is over-watering! The excess water caused the release of too much feed which also caused a lockout of zinc! Plus You probably used acid (pH down) in your mix which caused lock out. NOW that your plants are burned. I wouldn't do anything but plain water now! You should have enough feed in the pot and leaves stored up to give you a few buds. Remember this saying, "weakly weekly"! Weak dose of nutes then wait one week to see the results.
    In relation to over-watering. I always read that you should water, until theres a run off of 15-20%. The plant was continue to become more pale, and the pot was light, every second day, so thats why I decided to try the nutes. Other threads suggest Light mix should be enough for 4-5 weeks, and with the plants appearance continue to worsen, I thought I better do something. I never consciously used anything that would alter the PH. Was always tap water, organic magnesium (once every 2 weeks) and on 2 occasions; OT Grow and Bloom.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You did good with the info you have and good efforts as well. The best thing about this, is you get to learn what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again in future grows. As far as allowing 15 to 20% run-off, you are running off your nutrients right out of the pot! You are washing them away and that's why your foliage started to lighten. Washing out "EXCESS synthetic nutrients build up" is the focus with 15 to 20% run off. At the beginning there is no excess, theirs only enough for about 4 to 6 weeks. Just allow a drop of 2 to run off in the beginning, until you start using your feeds. No run off until you use nutrients.

When you start using your feeds, start at 1/4 manufactures recommendation, and slowly introduce into your substrate. That way, the pH won't swing so much! I like to feed from the bottom of the pot in the first beginning feeds. Example using 2000 ml water dose. Water on top with 1000 ml plain water. Bottom feed with 1000 ml of 1/4 nutrients in drain tray. What happens is the plant starts growing vigorously in a few days to a week. Then you can increase you feed and top feed and allow 10 to 20% run off.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), JimMcG (19-12-18), SmobyToker#1 (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcG View Post
    I performed a flush, last night. The reason I used OT organic magnesium, is due to on my last grow, I didn't use any, and was told the purple line running
    up the stem, was a magnesium deficiency (although, the last plant was a photo). The water used is tap water, left for 24 hours.
    The purple lines thing is usaully cold or lock out ie ph issue / uptake issue / deficient and its down to P and K that it happens. How big are pots? what is the humidity in there mid way thru the light period. Sounds too me like either your pots are too small and loosing water rapidly or the leaves are losing moisture and so drying out the pots quick.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (20-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18)

Thanks

You did good with the info you have and good efforts as well. The best thing about this, is you get to learn what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again in future grows. As far as allowing 15 to 20% run-off, you are running off your nutrients right out of the pot! You are washing them away and that's why your foliage started to lighten. Washing out "EXCESS synthetic nutrients build up" is the focus with 15 to 20% run off. At the beginning there is no excess, theirs only enough for about 4 to 6 weeks. Just allow a drop of 2 to run off in the beginning, until you start using your feeds. No run off until you use nutrients.

When you start using your feeds, start at 1/4 manufactures recommendation, and slowly introduce into your substrate. That way, the pH won't swing so much! I like to feed from the bottom of the pot in the first beginning feeds. Example using 2000 ml water dose. Water on top with 1000 ml plain water. Bottom feed with 1000 ml of 1/4 nutrients in drain tray. What happens is the plant starts growing vigorously in a few days to a week. Then you can increase you feed and top feed and allow 10 to 20% run off.
    these are quite established plants - i get the feeling this all happened with the start of feeding - either way a flush should sort the ph out. hope ya fix it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), JimMcG (19-12-18)

Thanks

Pots are 11 litres. The plant isn't that big (about 50cm in height). RH is 50-55%. Temp 20.2.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcG View Post
    Pots are 11 litres. The plant isn't that big (about 50cm in height). RH is 50-55%. Temp 20.2.
    ok humidity is good but the temp bit low. is that the warmest it gets? I keep mine at around 18-19c in the dark and 26c in light max. the temps never go out these ranges EVER. Has the temp been less at times. It would be really nice to see you're plants grow out from here now after the flush

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18), JimMcG (19-12-18)

Thanks

Temp gets up to around 24 degrees. Currently at 22.3 now. I run the lights 24/0. Lowest temp has ever got is 18 degrees. Fan leaves are yellowing. I haven't watered since the flush. Gonna take a picture tomorrow in natural light, and post it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-18)

Thanks

Jim, next time just use organic soil with no feed! OR synthetic soil-less and feed using the method I stated above.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18), JimMcG (20-12-18)

Thanks

Jim, next time just use organic soil with no feed! OR synthetic soil-less and feed using the method I stated above.
    Any soil you would recommend? I looked at that option before, searched on here and seen verve by b&q is recommended. Unfortunately there's only a Homebase near me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JimMcG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast