Thread: Middle-class drug users must face tough punishments for 'fuelling' knife crime

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default Middle-class drug users must face tough punishments for 'fuelling' knife crime

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ly-lord-chief/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...teenagers.html

I know this news item has to class A's, but I would bet that the scope of the "drugs" would go beyond that. A pretty blatent stealth tax IMO.

Are They hoping to drive street prices down, or bribes up? If street prices decrease, do They really think that turf wars would just die down, and not escalate?

What kind of diversion tactic is this? Or modern cash-cow farming?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Erby (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Yeahh it feels like a bit of a stealth tax for sure...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-18), Valentina (18-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

All the more reason to grow your own supply.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-18), Valentina (18-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Leveling the playing field is my take on it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

In one episode of The Simpsons, a hot dog vendor follows Homer around everywhere. Homer, inevitably, buys a hot dog or two from the vendor every time they meet. His catch phrase is, referring to Homer, "He's putting my kids through college!"

I see these "middle class" people loosely in Homer's category - someone with house, car, job, family, indulge a bit may be not always with the safe amount of due diligence, but they survive their high jinxes and live on.

They are a part of the work force, are themselves employed and employ others. They are the ones that can splash out for the flashy holidays, they are the one that keep the country moving, whichever their political inclinations are, they are also a part of the food chain that is society.

Jails are full so if these guys are caught, they just pay a heftier fine, which they can afford, and carry on as normal. There isn't much deterrent, yet. Unless this is some dumb idea to squeeze the people that move the stuff on a very large scale, I think this is just to target the "middle class" because most are pretty tame, benign, and can pay up.

M_C I am intrigued by your observation, mind explaining it for me?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Erby (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    In one episode of The Simpsons, a hot dog vendor follows Homer around everywhere. Homer, inevitably, buys a hot dog or two from the vendor every time they meet. His catch phrase is, referring to Homer, "He's putting my kids through college!"

I see these "middle class" people loosely in Homer's category - someone with house, car, job, family, indulge a bit may be not always with the safe amount of due diligence, but they survive their high jinxes and live on.

They are a part of the work force, are themselves employed and employ others. They are the ones that can splash out for the flashy holidays, they are the one that keep the country moving, whichever their political inclinations are, they are also a part of the food chain that is society.

Jails are full so if these guys are caught, they just pay a heftier fine, which they can afford, and carry on as normal. There isn't much deterrent, yet. Unless this is some dumb idea to squeeze the people that move the stuff on a very large scale, I think this is just to target the "middle class" because most are pretty tame, benign, and can pay up.

M_C I am intrigued by your observation, mind explaining it for me?
    My explanation is that these are the sort of people that sit on the fringe & cause other people to take the big risks. They are also less likely to be prosecuted if caught - and they know it... maybe they will think a little harder in the future...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Erby (18-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), lipnobody (18-12-18), Valentina (18-12-18)