Thread: Auto feeding

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times
    Provided Answers: 14

Default Answered: Auto feeding

Something thats come very apparent over the last 2 grows is that I need something which will water for me rather than me having to do it manually every day

I love me coco so dont want to swap over to soil and have just ordered a scrog net so will deffo benefit for an auto feeding system

Seen a fair few people have made their own and as just wondering whats needed? Il have 4 pots so i assume il need either a pump with 4 outputs or 4 seperate pumps? (1 for each pot)

Also im planning on having the res in the bedroom but i grow in the loft. Is there a way to figure what power of pump il need to push the feed up into the loft?

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Cheers for that mate, i did worry that if the pump had enough power to raise it that far itd be too strong once at the level of the pots!

Just not sure how id go about filling the res without a lot of back and forth for the waterHaha thatd be me mate, probably tip the full thing over myself or somethin!

Get a hosepipe from bath tap ( you can get a fitting to go over the top of most taps) and temp run this up the ladder. Water pressure will easily get up to the loft.

Or

Do you have any tanks for gravity fed hot water in the loft? I've seen others get their water directly from here

I've got 2 reservoirs. One bigger to hold water and then one I make up the mix in so you could get a big water butt up there so you're not up and down filling all the time

If I was scrogging I wouldn't dream of hand watering mukka

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (19-12-18), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (18-12-18), MR B-loom (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

I think you will struggle to lift water up that high mate. Best if the res is at similar level

Watering pumps usually are high flow, low pressure. If you use high pressure pump ( to lift the water ) the fittings could pop off

You need a pump, pipework - probably 17mm and 4mm, a manifold to split the flow to each pot and a timer

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (19-12-18), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18), WF420 (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

I found out the hard way. Filled 40l of water up and tried to pump it into the attic. No chance. Had to carry it up and got soaked!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

Beezerk (20-12-18), gardro (19-12-18), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18), WF420 (19-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I think you will struggle to lift water up that high mate. Best if the res is at similar level

Watering pumps usually are high flow, low pressure. If you use high pressure pump ( to lift the water ) the fittings could pop off

You need a pump, pipework - probably 17mm and 4mm, a manifold to split the flow to each pot and a timer

Current diary
    Cheers for that mate, i did worry that if the pump had enough power to raise it that far itd be too strong once at the level of the pots!

Just not sure how id go about filling the res without a lot of back and forth for the water
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    I found out the hard way. Filled 40l of water up and tried to pump it into the attic. No chance. Had to carry it up and got soaked!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Haha thatd be me mate, probably tip the full thing over myself or somethin!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (19-12-18), gardro (19-12-18), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post

Just not sure how id go about filling the res without a lot of back and forth for the waterHaha thatd be me mate, probably tip the full thing over myself or somethin!

Get a hosepipe from bath tap ( you can get a fitting to go over the top of most taps) and temp run this up the ladder. Water pressure will easily get up to the loft.

Or

Do you have any tanks for gravity fed hot water in the loft? I've seen others get their water directly from here

I've got 2 reservoirs. One bigger to hold water and then one I make up the mix in so you could get a big water butt up there so you're not up and down filling all the time

Current diary

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18), WF420 (19-12-18)

Thanks

Or

Current diary
    I think the hosepipe is gonna be the best way mate! No hot water tank up there so its gonna be the only option i reckon

Exactly my thoughts mate, it was hard enough watering the blue cheese with just training, its not too bad atm but i can imagine with the net itd be a nightmare!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

gardro (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-12-18)

Thanks

Get a hosepipe from bath tap ( you can get a fitting to go over the top of most taps) and temp run this up the ladder.

This is what I do, look at your bathroom taps (sink or bath) the end where the water comes out unscrews. Hozelock do a threaded tap fitting which screws into the end of the tap and you plug your hosepipe straight onto it. Take the bit from the tap with you to B&Q or whatever as there's a few different sized threads you can buy, my bath taps weren't compatible but the sink was.
    Btw those tap connectors where tighten them over the top of a tap are a waste of time IMO mate, never fit right and spray water all over the place lol.
    Let's get it on!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

gardro (20-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), WF420 (20-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    This is what I do, look at your bathroom taps (sink or bath) the end where the water comes out unscrews. Hozelock do a threaded tap fitting which screws into the end of the tap and you plug your hosepipe straight onto it. Take the bit from the tap with you to B&Q or whatever as there's a few different sized threads you can buy, my bath taps weren't compatible but the sink was.
    Btw those tap connectors where tighten them over the top of a tap are a waste of time IMO mate, never fit right and spray water all over the place lol.
    Cheers mate, il get on it over the weekend!

Another question ive got is with having the water stand for 24hr. Do people use 2 tanks? 1 to fill and stand then the other to feed from?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18)

Thanks

Forgot to say, if you want one of those "pull over the top of the tap" type fittings I've got a Hozelock one sitting doing nothing if you want it. Didn't fit my tap style hence the "water all over the bathroom" comment

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18), tom222 (20-12-18)