Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 395

Thread: My Organic Journey/soil build

  1. #181

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    bit of hugal kulture that matey
    ive build beds in the past, dug down about a foot, layered brown cardboard on the bottom dead logs n branches piled up, leaf litter pine needles sawdust, compost, horse n cow shite dug up soil ontop in a mound about a meter high recently visited the farm after 5 years i build it on n its reduced now by about a good 2/3rds, fella has been adding mulch n shite. grows his root vegs in that one.

    another pit we dug was about 1mx 2m n we filled it with sawdust n chips n small offcuts we got free from a sawmill!! hadnt touched it in 5 years but you could see the massive depression of decomposition, we dug someout black gold! smelt amazing



    ohh yes please redz, i have read a mixed leaf litter from a mixed forest is far better than just from one single source of mono forestry, some truth to this i suppose.
    Sounds fucking awesome man !!! You should get some.of that microbiology into your indoor garden mate


    Mephisto Genetics Sour Livers - mentored by BB

    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-mentored-grow

    Exo Cheese Auto in Living soil

    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...us-Cheese-Auto


  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (08-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  3. #182

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    dimension C-137
    Posts
    2,580
    Thanks
    12,308
    Thanked 7,939 Times in 2,215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Sounds fucking awesome man !!! You should get some.of that microbiology into your indoor garden mate
    would love to dude cept its fooking miles away!
    the grass is always greener on the otherside

    lips auto northern lights first grow diary
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eeded-24th-oct

    Lips back 2nd grow automatics
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-back-2nd-grow

    current diary lippys auto superskunks 3rd grow
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...unk-automatics

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (08-01-19), Gaz (08-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  5. #183

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    would love to dude cept its fooking miles away!
    Lol damn it

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (10-01-19), lipnobody (09-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  7. #184

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    10,579
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,260 Posts

    Default

    Dr Elain Ingham recently mentioned in a webinar that CBD rich plants favor a fungal dominated compost than THC rich plants, which sucks for those growing hemp on degraded soils that are basically devoid of organic material and thus also severely lack fungal activity.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (08-01-19), ggotch (08-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  9. #185

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Dr Elain Ingham recently mentioned in a webinar that CBD rich plants favor a fungal dominated compost than THC rich plants, which sucks for those growing hemp on degraded soils that are basically devoid of organic material and thus also severely lack fungal activity.
    That's interesting man, I know people normally say that Canna prefer more bacterial soils bur just aim for a 50/50 ratio to fungal.

    Dr Elaine Ingham is a legend man so if shes said.that Id take her word for it mate lol

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (08-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  11. #186

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    10,579
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,260 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    That's interesting man, I know people normally say that Canna prefer more bacterial soils bur just aim for a 50/50 ratio to fungal.

    Dr Elaine Ingham is a legend man so if shes said.that Id take her word for it mate lol
    Apparently she does quite a bit of consulting in the cannabis world now (guess they have the money to spend on this kind of consultations).
    She also does a marijuana growing 12 week masterclass, which costs over 2000 dollars and requires an additional investment of around 1500 dollar i equipment, materials and lab services.
    You can find it on her website under cannabis growers mastermind program.

    To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the webinar as it really only disclosed the very basics about the soil food web and that tidbit about CBD production favoring more fungal dominated soil than THC production was really the only new thing I learned there. She touched on cover crop plants but just ignored my questions about which crops were good for this.
    The webinar seemed to be more a teaser for her paid 12-week program.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    British green (09-01-19), CityDweller (09-01-19), CuriousaurusRex (08-01-19), Gaz (09-01-19), ggotch (08-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

  13. #187

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Apparently she does quite a bit of consulting in the cannabis world now (guess they have the money to spend on this kind of consultations).
    She also does a marijuana growing 12 week masterclass, which costs over 2000 dollars and requires an additional investment of around 1500 dollar i equipment, materials and lab services.
    You can find it on her website under cannabis growers mastermind program.

    To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the webinar as it really only disclosed the very basics about the soil food web and that tidbit about CBD production favoring more fungal dominated soil than THC production was really the only new thing I learned there. She touched on cover crop plants but just ignored my questions about which crops were good for this.
    The webinar seemed to be more a teaser for her paid 12-week program.
    That is very disappointing to hear mate

    Ignoring a question is very unusaul for an academic man, they do sometimes end up on tangents and forget the original questions though lol. Money however does corrupt

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    British green (09-01-19), Cleargreen (09-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), lipnobody (09-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19), Wags (09-01-19)

  15. #188

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    10,579
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,260 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    That is very disappointing to hear mate

    Ignoring a question is very unusaul for an academic man, they do sometimes end up on tangents and forget the original questions though lol. Money however does corrupt
    In her defense it was her assistant that picked the questions and obviously many people where asking questions and not all could be answered but things related to the masterclass or other workshops she does were obviously all answered...

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    British green (09-01-19), Gaz (09-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  17. #189

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    In her defense it was her assistant that picked the questions and obviously many people where asking questions and not all could be answered but things related to the masterclass or other workshops she does were obviously all answered...
    Aahhh OK yeah that makes sense, to be honest from what Ive seen of her she does seem very open and offers alot of knowledge freely. Her courses look awesome man !! If I was US then Id deffo have a crack at it !! .

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    British green (09-01-19), Cleargreen (09-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  19. #190

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Microbulator is finished and more goodies habe arrived.



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (10-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), lipnobody (09-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  21. #191

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    dimension C-137
    Posts
    2,580
    Thanks
    12,308
    Thanked 7,939 Times in 2,215 Posts

    Default

    splash splash slish slosh one fella

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (10-01-19), Gaz (09-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  23. #192

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    10,579
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,260 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Aahhh OK yeah that makes sense, to be honest from what Ive seen of her she does seem very open and offers alot of knowledge freely. Her courses look awesome man !! If I was US then Id deffo have a crack at it !! .
    Yes definitely, there's a tonne of videos of her online.
    Personally I prefer to by books though rather than follow courses. I'm not one to remember everything and with a book you can always look stuff up later.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (09-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), lipnobody (09-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  25. #193

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    2.5kg of malted barley ready for top dressing and some queen Anne's lace ready to plant to attract the biological IPM cavalry lol.


  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (10-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  27. #194

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    These came yesterday as well


  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  29. #195

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sunny South
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    10,579
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,260 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Microbulator is finished and more goodies habe arrived.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Do you use that oyster grit as is or crush it up further?

    That wild carrot grows like a weed at my place, big taproot on those so very hard to pull out.
    Last edited by Cleargreen; 10-01-19 at 02:57 PM.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

    CuriousaurusRex (10-01-19), Gaz (10-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  31. #196

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Do you use that oyster grit as is or crush it up further?

    That wild carrot grows like a weed at my place, big taproot on those so very hard to pull out.
    I will be crushing some in a coffee grinder and using some as is mate.

    Yeah the Queen Anne Lace is going in pots mate

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (10-01-19), CuriousaurusRex (10-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  33. #197

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Just waiting on Indoor Organics to deliver now and I can build the 10 litre soil bed for the next Canna run

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19)

  35. #198

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    More goodies



    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    CuriousaurusRex (10-01-19), hotshot (10-01-19), redisiel (10-01-19), UpT0wn (10-01-19)

  37. #199

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    More cover crops,

    Im going with these and alfalfa for the 10L Canna bed.



    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (11-01-19), CuriousaurusRex (12-01-19), hotshot (12-01-19), redisiel (14-01-19)

  39. #200

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,889
    Thanks
    45,484
    Thanked 37,080 Times in 8,881 Posts

    Default

    Seeds lol not the normal ones you see here but Im excited for these lol..



    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Cleargreen (12-01-19), hotshot (12-01-19), redisiel (14-01-19), sourshoes (12-01-19)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK