Thread: Alien! Is it worth the money?

Thanks

Default Alien! Is it worth the money?

Hi all I?ve been looking at a 4/6 pot system to use int a 2.4x1.2 m tent (time and the misses both smoke heavily &#128584 I was looking at the normal rdwc and the rdwc pro. Is the price difference worth it for the higher yields and the better quality product etc? Its a ?900 difference so would want some input before I decide on what to spend. Thanks Panzer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-18), Ginger-bud (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerdank View Post
    Hi all I?ve been looking at a 4/6 pot system to use int a 2.4x1.2 m tent (time and the misses both smoke heavily ) I was looking at the normal rdwc and the rdwc pro. Is the price difference worth it for the higher yields and the better quality product etc? Its a ?900 difference so would want some input before I decide on what to spend. Thanks Panzer
    Ginger-bud uses an Alien system. I'm sure he'll give you his thoughts sooner or later

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerdank View Post
    Hi all I?ve been looking at a 4/6 pot system to use int a 2.4x1.2 m tent (time and the misses both smoke heavily ) I was looking at the normal rdwc and the rdwc pro. Is the price difference worth it for the higher yields and the better quality product etc? Its a ?900 difference so would want some input before I decide on what to spend. Thanks Panzer
    I'd say it's definitely worth the money but I'm not sure how good the other system is . Have you included the price of a chiller yet ? Plus the ec and ph meters?

Merry Christmas

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I'd say it's definitely worth the money but I'm not sure how good the other system is . Have you included the price of a chiller yet ? Plus the ec and ph meters?

Merry Christmas
    I will be using led lights so I should be okay without a chiller but I will definitely have a look

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

British green (20-12-18), GEORGE (20-12-18), Ginger-bud (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Hello mate , the alien system is the nuts. I?ve the rdwc xl 8 pot system. In a 2.4 x 1.2 tent I couldn?t afford the pro one. I?ve been using it for a year now and I?ve only had one blocked pipe, the pro system has bigger pipework to stop this happening but that?s the only benefit I can see with it. My first grow in it took 99 days for a phot period plant and done autos in 75 days. If your planning on growing massive plants then it maybe worth getting the pro but the tent dictates the size u can grow to so unless u got money to burn then the xl with 30 litre pots will do fine. I pull about 30 oz per run.
    Don?t forget to add in costs for a chiller with the 8 pot system you?ll want at least a hailea 150, a 250 if u can afford it. I?ve got the hailea 500 which is over kill. You will need ec and ph meters. I use a blue lab guardian , again a bit pricey but so convenient. Expensive set up but it delivers the goods every time

If your using led then monitor temps as u may need a heater if the water is staying cold
    Last edited by Ginger-bud; 20-12-18 at 05:15 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

British green (20-12-18), Flimzy (10-08-21), GEORGE (20-12-18), Panzerdank (20-12-18), tom222 (20-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Hello mate , the alien system is the nuts. I?ve the rdwc xl 8 pot system. In a 2.4 x 1.2 tent I couldn?t afford the pro one. I?ve been using it for a year now and I?ve only had one blocked pipe, the pro system has bigger pipework to stop this happening but that?s the only benefit I can see with it. My first grow in it took 99 days for a phot period plant and done autos in 75 days. If your planning on growing massive plants then it maybe worth getting the pro but the tent dictates the size u can grow to so unless u got money to burn then the xl with 30 litre pots will do fine. I pull about 30 oz per run.
    Don?t forget to add in costs for a chiller with the 8 pot system you?ll want at least a hailea 150, a 250 if u can afford it. I?ve got the hailea 500 which is over kill. You will need ec and ph meters. I use a blue lab guardian , again a bit pricey but so convenient. Expensive set up but it delivers the goods every time

If your using led then monitor temps as u may need a heater if the water is staying cold
    thanks mate much appreciated when you say oh and ec do you mean the normal test kit and the truncheons ec reader or do you mean one with a displays that tells you all the time what the water parameters are? Thanks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

British green (20-12-18), GEORGE (21-12-18), Ginger-bud (20-12-18), tom222 (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

When I first started I used a blue lab truncheon for ec and an essentials ph meter. Then I upgraded tona blue lab guardian which shows water temp , EC and PH. They do a few different ones but that covers all the info I need to know.
    Blue lab truncheon was about 70 quid, the essentials meter about 40 and the blue lab guardian was 250

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

British green (20-12-18), Erby (20-12-18), gardro (20-12-18), GEORGE (21-12-18), Panzerdank (07-04-19), redisiel (20-12-18), toblue (22-12-18), tom222 (20-12-18)