Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,520 Times

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    I wouldn't put anything from a bottle, on that mix you listed above. Just clean water. With a mix like that, just transplant, 3 times into larger size pots, from seed to flower. (10 wk photo plant) instead of bottle feeding, and you would be good the whole grow!
    One problem I have found with those super soil mixes is how their mixed. Super Soils have to be tumbled in a cement mixer for a hr or two to get mixed good. Even after being mixed and set to the side, the aggregates will settle if not used soon. If they are not mixed very well, you can have big problems with compaction and lack of oxygen! Say you have 5 pots out of a mix of super soil, 4 plants look super and one doesn't, same mix, the one pot having problems is not mixed well. You can expect pH problems as well! For small soil mixes one can tumble the mix in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. I think Super soils are the best way to grow.
    I have an autoflower super mix that I will be manually mixing with 1.5 cu ft of coco loco (as per their direction) and I was planning to do it manually in a plastic tub and use it to make 4 three gallon pots. I wonder if this would work

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Namelesscults For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-12-18)

Thanks

If your amended soil has dolomite lime in it, which it probably does, then you don't need to add cal-mag to the bottle water! Its best to add cal-mag to soil-less and hydro substrates only.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18), Namelesscults (30-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    If your amended soil has dolomite lime in it, which it probably does, then you don't need to add cal-mag to the bottle water! Its best to add cal-mag to soil-less and hydro substrates only.
    Again: this is REUSED soil. A plant previously grew in it for OVER TWO MONTHS. So whatever was amended in it is not what you think. I?ll keep using cal mag

Final verdict: those are droplets of water+megacrop I accidentally got on the leaves before watering/feeding. Thank you all for your input. This soil was amended in April 2018. A plant GREW in it for 2 months, THEN was recycled but NOT reamended for the current plant

Does that make a difference?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Namelesscults For This Useful Post:

gardro (30-12-18), GEORGE (30-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesscults View Post
    Again: this is REUSED soil. A plant previously grew in it for OVER TWO MONTHS. So whatever was amended in it is not what you think. I?ll keep using cal mag

Final verdict: those are droplets of water+megacrop I accidentally got on the leaves before watering/feeding. Thank you all for your input. This soil was amended in April 2018. A plant GREW in it for 2 months, THEN was recycled but NOT reamended for the current plant

Does that make a difference?
    After watching the big growers on YouTube, they have the soil sent off after a grow. It's analysed and then a new set of amendments are made based on what the previous grow used up.

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-18), Namelesscults (30-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    After watching the big growers on YouTube, they have the soil sent off after a grow. It's analysed and then a new set of amendments are made based on what the previous grow used up.

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit
    Which makes absolute sense, except in my case I could not justify analyzing a gallon of soil to reamend haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Namelesscults For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-18)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5