Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Info on drying/curing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    if they are completely dried the rH% won't change in the jars,
    so if you put them in at 70% and after 24hrs it hasn't changed at all..... that's probably over dried

air dry until the stems the buds are on snap, not the big thick main branches

i put my buds in at 64%-65% come back it's 66% - burp, close it again and repeat until it stops fluctuating usually round 61%

curing and drying takes practice unfortunately for us all, but ambient room rH% at jarring up does play a roll,
    im in full flower now, rH% in my gRoom is 42% @lights on - dehumidifier is a lifesaver
    It looks like I’ve over dried this lot then ah well it still smokes good. I’ve got another lot currently drying so hopefully do better this time with the dry/cure

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), MonsterEnergy (09-01-19), Wags (09-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i thought u were putting them in @70% - didn't realize it wasn't changing at all,
    max drying temp u want is 21c with a good low rH% if you can get it,

if the large main branches are snapping it's probably over dried,

get a fresh leaf and place it into the jars with ya weed for a day or so,
    will slightly hydrate em, helps with the harshness of the smoke

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), UpT0wn (09-01-19), Wags (09-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    It looks like I’ve over dried this lot then ah well it still smokes good. I’ve got another lot currently drying so hopefully do better this time with the dry/cure
    I know some of the guys here disagree but I use boveda. Of course they arent need but I over dried my buds in the summer with the killer heat. Bovedas bought them back to 62% rh. There is no taste from them IMO. Takes away the worry. We are all connoisseurs here and ive found Boveda make it super easy to have perfect buds everytime
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    i thought u were putting them in @70% - didn't realize it wasn't changing at all,
    max drying temp u want is 21c with a good low rH% if you can get it,

if the large main branches are snapping it's probably over dried,

get a fresh leaf and place it into the jars with ya weed for a day or so,
    will slightly hydrate em, helps with the harshness of the smoke
    Oh no the rh inside the jars is 70. Sorry to confuse you lol. The bud I’ve got drying is between 13-18c and sitting between 40-50rh. I’ve got a lot more control since the last lot I dried out. Il check the branches later, do you go straight in to jars when the smaller branches snap?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    I’m on it, cheers g! If this is the case how do you actually know when it’s dry enough to jar up?
    When I think my nugs are about ready usually be the snap test I bring them into my bedroom and jar up with a mini hygrometer in the jar I leave them over night and if the reading is high say 70% I will take them out of the jars and put them either into brown paper bags or a cardboard boot box and put them in my closet "with hygrometer in the box or bag" and leave for a day or two, when the reading drops say to 60% or near I rejar and start again, it can be a bit of a task but you soon get used to it, all the best mukka. G'.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-01-19), ladymaryjane (10-01-19)

Thanks

Hello mate, here is away for you to go that is failsafe and there is no need for meters etc...This applies for small to moderate yields of course. Cut the main branches from the plant, remove large fans and roughly trim, then hang them up in a cardboard box for 5-7 days. Cut the buds from the branches and manicure, then place in brown paper bags for a couple of days with regular turning. Place the buds in the jars and leave sealed, checking every 3hours that they still rattle.If they still rattle after being sealed for 12 then begin burping jars for around 10 mins every 12 hours for around 10 days then leave them sealed. If the rattle lessons, they are not ready so back into the bags for a day or two then test in the jars again. Hope this helps mate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

G' (11-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4