Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Info on drying/curing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Just because they're dry outside doesn't mean they're dry inside. Stem snapping is the best sign that they're ready for curing...
    Is it normal for the buds to be really dry and crispy though? Yeah they won’t start curing until the stems snap.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-12-18), G' (30-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Is it normal for the buds to be really dry and crispy though? Yeah they won?t start curing until the stems snap.
    Yeah, it happens.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-12-18), G' (30-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Yeah, it happens.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-12-18), G' (30-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18), WhIpLaSh (30-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Try to handle the actual buds as little as you can brother when they are dry and crispy on the outside everytime you squeeze them you loose a little of the trichs, they will still hold moisture in the middle of the buds bro', all the best mukka, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Try to handle the actual buds as little as you can brother when they are dry and crispy on the outside everytime you squeeze them you loose a little of the trichs, they will still hold moisture in the middle of the buds bro', all the best mukka, G'.
    Cheers G. With the cure, does it put whatever moisture is there in the buds back in to the buds evenly to make them better to handle?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

G' (31-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Yeah brother the longer you cure the moisture will distribute evenly through the buds, don't forget to burpe them, your looking to get them to 62%, you need some mini hygrometer's. All the best bro'. G'.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Yeah brother the longer you cure the moisture will distribute evenly through the buds, don't forget to burpe them, your looking to get them to 62%, you need some mini hygrometer's. All the best bro'. G'.
    You are actually drying the buds from the inside out, when burping.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (07-01-19), Kurdt (31-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You are actually drying the buds from the inside out, when burping.
    Interesting read. This will help me abit on my next chop. My first grow never smelt like hey i left them in 48hrs of dark before chop. Second time smelt like hey but did no darkness. But i think it was down to what i did in the grow not the darkenss before chop so im gonna try both methods again this run. The second grow what smelt like hey never recovered but again probz down to me not these methods.
    Are 62% humidity packs necessary? Will it help the buds in the curing jar? If so im ordering a pack now for the buds i do have in jars. Also shouldn't stems only crack not snap before jaring? Sure i read somewhere that if the stems snap its dryed to much?
    Cheers

My first diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...7-My-1st-diary
    Last edited by Grower88; 01-01-19 at 01:40 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

G' (07-01-19), GEORGE (01-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    Interesting read. This will help me abit on my next chop. My first grow never smelt like hey i left them in 48hrs of dark before chop. Second time smelt like hey but did no darkness. But i think it was down to what i did in the grow not the darkenss before chop so im gonna try both methods again this run. The second grow what smelt like hey never recovered but again probz down to me not these methods.
    Are 62% humidity packs necessary? Will it help the buds in the curing jar? If so im ordering a pack now for the buds i do have in jars. Also shouldn't stems only crack not snap before jaring? Sure i read somewhere that if the stems snap its dryed to much?
    Cheers

My first diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...7-My-1st-diary
    I don't know if they are necessary or not, I have never use them. I do the paper bag for a week, then into the jars for a couple and then back to the paper bags again, for another dry. Then back into the jars for how ever long until they smoke up.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (13-06-19), G' (07-01-19), Grower88 (01-01-19), ladymaryjane (10-01-19)

Thanks

yes they will smell like hay on around the 3/4 day mark.

wait another few days for that chorophyll to leave and they will be smelling normal again.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firestar786 For This Useful Post:

G' (07-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast