Thread: Bud wash

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Default Bud wash

Not entirely sure where the best place to put this is so heres as good as any. I havent seen any stickies with this in and have only read about it briefly on a few threads/pms with other users.

These words arent my own, copied and pasted from another forum. Il also point out i havent tried this myself yet but will be doing so in a couple weeks come chop.

Ive read washing helps produce a cleaner, smoother smoke as it washes away the majority/all of the dust particles which may have gotten stuck to the buds, any chlorophyll which has gotten on the buds due to trim and also any mites/pests which you may have/have had.

I know a few users on here do something similar so if there are different/better concoctions for the buckets please feel free to drop in 😊

Here's the method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.

Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice

Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

Final manicure of buds is best done after they dry. It goes very fast and you're left with washed, highly resinous trim....makes superb joints. I'm also educating my customers to select untrimmed buds, which are actually better than the manicured ones because they still have sugar leaves attached. The trichomes in the leaves have more THC than those in the buds.....so it's good to get the whole spectrum in there.

I give instructions for this in my journals, as I do it every single week, on every single harvest. Once you try it, you'll never go back.

This works so well for a couple reasons:

1. takes off dirt, foliar sprays, bugs, fiberglass dust, etc.

2. fully hydrates the leaves, allowing photosynthesis to occur for a day or two on cut and trimmed buds. I recommend leaving a light on the buds for the first day or two after washing.

This results in very, dense, clean burning, smooth tasting produce! That's the basic recipe....and I'm tweaking and changing it all the time.

Warning: Do NOT use an "organic produce wash" that is based on oils! They sell these in grocery stores and health food stores, and while they might be good for lettuce and cukes....the oil removes resin from the plants.....don't use it!

Water will not harm resin....oil can and does

Cheers talkers 👍

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

British green (30-12-18), Cats (03-06-21), CityDweller (30-12-18), creeperpark (04-01-19), Easy-T (02-06-21), GEORGE (30-12-18), Silkadin (02-01-19), Skunky n funky (31-12-18)