Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PH/PPM runoff unsure?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    Gardo, my friend, Please don't think that I'm challenging you bro. I have a lot of respect for you and the others. The difference between TDS and EC meter. EC can't determined organic matter and TDS Total Desolved Salts meter can! That's why EC isn't accurate with organic substrate and will give a false reading. EC can't read Blood meal! Urea is another good example of this. It dissolves in water with a high concentrations but it has no EC so there is no correlation! However TDS will read them in ppms. Total dissolved solids (TDS) is a measure of the combined content of all inorganic and organic substances contained in a liquid in molecular, ionized or micro-granular suspended form.

The pH run-off is important to me as an diagnosing tool!
    No worries pulling me up mate, I understand that hence I said as long as you know which you are using

They measure "feed" but organic growers tend not to measure for this exact reason, in or out. I think you've answered your own question.

pH of run off is irrelevant since the interactions between in and out are so complex and convoluted, the pH could be anywhere

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2