Thread: I need help with tips on what to do since switching from 120w CFL to a 400w HPS

Thanks

Default Answered: I need help with tips on what to do since switching from 120w CFL to a 400w HPS

Six hours ago i switched from using 120w cfl to using a 400w hps with hood. Also it is only two little plants about 20 days into flower. Their about 2 feet tall 1 1/2 feet wide id say. I just want tips on what to expect from the change and what if anything i will need to do or change. And also wandering if i could or should add the other 120w cfls for side penetration or if i should just add another 400w hps or a 400w MH i also have that i could add. Lemme know what you guys think your advice is much appreciated

2. "yeaa bin off the cfl now an bang mh in there, i prefer using mh then swapping to hps flower bulb

i find mh will give you lusher greener growth with tighter nodes, plus running it during the 1st two week of flipping to 12,12 will help reduce stretch

since your already 20 days in to flower then i probs would be using the hps flower bulb, little pic would help decide though "

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-12-18), GEORGE (31-12-18), MonsterEnergy (31-12-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

control the enviroment/temp is the only difference mate
    they'll grow way better under a hid so expect better growth

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-12-18), GEORGE (01-01-19), joker_the_smoker (03-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

yeaa bin off the cfl now an bang mh in there, i prefer using mh then swapping to hps flower bulb

i find mh will give you lusher greener growth with tighter nodes, plus running it during the 1st two week of flipping to 12,12 will help reduce stretch

since your already 20 days in to flower then i probs would be using the hps flower bulb, little pic would help decide though
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 03-01-19 at 01:05 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Bin man (06-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (03-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    yeaa bin off the cfl now an bang mh in there, i prefer using mh then swapping to hps flower bulb

since your already 20 days in to flower then i probs would be using the hps flower bulb, little pic would help decide though
    ha ha hello smoker, dont i just know what you on about lad, i used a dual all the way instead of exactly how you stated with MH wish i didnt mate thats all i can say, wish i spent the 50 quid on new bulb. ah well i'll get some buds
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19), joker_the_smoker (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Op my experience with adding cfl's is this - dont bother....if you a clumsy ass stoner like me then you may forget about the cfl and we all know how easy they break. no point imo, 400 will grow those 2 no drama

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)