Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its not personal it's just business

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default Its not personal it's just business

And a question of morals lol but I just wondered something. Other than the fact it is a cunt thing to do and I accept that. Is there any laws regarding pricing? Lets say there was a shop selling a product at 20quid but I could afford to sell it at 15 and under cut them. With the intention of doing that until they are no longer making the profits they once was. Then when they shut down raise my price too 20quid and be the only shop in the area for that product. I know morally it's harsh and I am not planning to do anything like it. So why am I asking? Its just an interview I watched some someone and it made me wonder why don't more people do that type of thing. I know when the price goes up you risk upsetting and losing customers who have got used to paying 15 quid but if you do it at the time when your the only one in the area your still going to have customers.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

gardro (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), lipnobody (04-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    And a question of morals lol but I just wondered something. Other than the fact it is a cunt thing to do and I accept that. Is there any laws regarding pricing? Lets say there was a shop selling a product at 20quid but I could afford to sell it at 15 and under cut them. With the intention of doing that until they are no longer making the profits they once was. Then when they shut down raise my price too 20quid and be the only shop in the area for that product. I know morally it's harsh and I am not planning to do anything like it. So why am I asking? Its just an interview I watched some someone and it made me wonder why don't more people do that type of thing. I know when the price goes up you risk upsetting and losing customers who have got used to paying 15 quid but if you do it at the time when your the only one in the area your still going to have customers.
    Charge what you like in a free market capitalism.

Businesses crush other businesses for a living.

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), lipnobody (03-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Macky Guest

Capitalism.....Amazon can run at a loss, selling everything cheaper than everyone else, because they are rich as fuck, and the American government gives them money.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), lipnobody (03-01-19), MarysSeeds (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Supermarkets are expert at this. They will happily undercut local opposition (even if it means they make a loss) until the opposition buckles & goes under - Never wondered where all the petrol stations went? The supermarkets put them out of business!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), lipnobody (03-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19), Quib (03-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Charge what you like in a free market capitalism.

Businesses crush other businesses for a living.

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

lol nah personally I really couldn't do it. I know thats how the world works to a degree but it wouldn't sit right with me. Its just an interview I saw with someone called dame dash who some people may know. He was speaking about bringing the street type attitude to business. Quite an interesting bloke tbh.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-01-19), gardro (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Supermarkets are expert at this. They will happily undercut local opposition (even if it means they make a loss) until the opposition buckles & goes under - Never wondered where all the petrol stations went? The supermarkets put them out of business!
    I honestly care more about it as I have got older. I always try to buy what I can from local run businesses. Just to try help keep someone in a job plus I imagine these super market types are the sort of cunts who don't pay their correct tax. We can all sit and moan about people playing the system with benefits but then most go and support these types. I am guilty of using the super markets of course but my stuff like fruit and veg I don't care if I have to pay more. I understand though not everyone is in the position to not worry as much about costs.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19), M_C (02-01-19)

Guest Guest

I honestly care more about it as I have got older. I always try to buy what I can from local run businesses. Just to try help keep someone in a job plus I imagine these super market types are the sort of cunts who don't pay their correct tax. We can all sit and moan about people playing the system with benefits but then most go and support these types. I am guilty of using the super markets of course but my stuff like fruit and veg I don't care if I have to pay more. I understand though not everyone is in the position to not worry as much about costs.
    Same here mate, a little extra every now and again is worth it. You?re basically keeping someone?s dream alive. Being able to provide for your family through the small business that you?ve set up is a beautiful thing, with your hard work and ingenuity being directly rewarded.
    Rather than wearing the uniform and name tag of some offshore, tax fiddling corporation who?s only interest is constant increases in profits regardless of ethics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (02-01-19), GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    Same here mate, a little extra every now and again is worth it. You?re basically keeping someone?s dream alive. Being able to provide for your family through the small business that you?ve set up is a beautiful thing, with your hard work and ingenuity being directly rewarded.
    Rather than wearing the uniform and name tag of some offshore, tax fiddling corporation who?s only interest is constant increases in profits regardless of ethics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just reading what you posted I agree with it. With the powers of the internet and how quick information can get out there. You would think there would be some sort of information video and a campaign going to spread awareness and encourage more people to support local businesses. Sort of fight back and not allow the tax avoided to own the market and do as they please n screw everyone else over.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

People fuel the problem by wanting everything as cheap as they can find it,
    i try and buy local as often as i can, but no one likes missing a bargain

i love the saturday markets and carboot sales, always a bargain to be found

after the big companies swallow the small businesses were all fooked
    supply and demand, they'll jack the price up 10 fold

just look at oil, they lower output to simply drive the price up,
    being ripped off every single day you fuel up

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-19), lipnobody (04-01-19), M_C (02-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    People fuel the problem by wanting everything as cheap as they can find it,
    i try and buy local as often as i can, but no one likes missing a bargain

i love the saturday markets and carboot sales, always a bargain to be found

after the big companies swallow the small businesses were all fooked
    supply and demand, they'll jack the price up 10 fold

just look at oil, they lower output to simply drive the price up,
    being ripped off every single day you fuel up
    Yeah that's it mate, they fuck over the small businesses. Everyone plays a part in it and then at the end they get fucked. Saw a good quote don't know if true about people just leaving their cars when fuel went up. And the prices ending up going back down because everyone done it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-19), MonsterEnergy (02-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast