Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just a quick question about the difference between mold and harvesting late...

Thanks

Default Just a quick question about the difference between mold and harvesting late...

Hey guys. Been a long time. After that saga with the raid and everything, I've been up and running since Sept and just literally just harvested my first crop. Had humidity problems during first few weeks of flower but dropped right down to below 40% after week 4 up until harvest. Had 10 Lemon Ammos growing under 600 HPS in coco. The problem I have here is, the plant with the fattest colas, looked like it had just died. I missed a feed and 90% of the leaves dropped and turned yellow or brown literally overnight. I fed and the leaves perked up a bit but still looked awful. I flushed the next feed. Literally scoured that baby looking for mold but couldn't see any cobweb looking substance. Considering none of the others had rot and RH was between 28% and 49% from week 4 up until harvest, was it just a case of missing the last feed? Or should I go over her again looking for rot. I think I missed the flush window to be honest. Sorry, no pics. I already cleaned her up and chopped her down after flush.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (08-01-19), G' (10-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19), ggotch (10-01-19), Ginger-bud (07-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (07-01-19), Valentina (10-01-19), WF420 (04-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Nice to see you back about mukka!

If you cant see anything i probably wouldnt worry tbf... i mean its not gunna do any harm having a double check so id do that!

Not sure if you wanna wait for 1 of the more experienced guys opinion though

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (08-01-19), G' (10-01-19), gardro (07-01-19), GEORGE (04-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by th4k1ng View Post
    Hey guys. Been a long time. After that saga with the raid and everything, I've been up and running since Sept and just literally just harvested my first crop. Had humidity problems during first few weeks of flower but dropped right down to below 40% after week 4 up until harvest. Had 10 Lemon Ammos growing under 600 HPS in coco. The problem I have here is, the plant with the fattest colas, looked like it had just died. I missed a feed and 90% of the leaves dropped and turned yellow or brown literally overnight. I fed and the leaves perked up a bit but still looked awful. I flushed the next feed. Literally scoured that baby looking for mold but couldn't see any cobweb looking substance. Considering none of the others had rot and RH was between 28% and 49% from week 4 up until harvest, was it just a case of missing the last feed? Or should I go over her again looking for rot. I think I missed the flush window to be honest. Sorry, no pics. I already cleaned her up and chopped her down after flush.
    I not 100% sure what you are asking mate. do you mean, the leaves all dropped and was it mold or was it a last feed. Tbh i dont see it being a last missed feed. were the leaves falling away from buds? have you broken open any buds? tbh mate you will know if you had mold, it totally destroys it. it will look brown when its dry, or grey, it will not look right. bust a few open then you will know. Oh it will have a funny smell also
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (08-01-19), G' (10-01-19), gardro (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), ggotch (10-01-19), Ginger-bud (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19), WF420 (07-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I've just dealt with / possibly still dealing with rot.

If she's rotten, the leaves will pull away from the bud with very little force at all

The pistils will also go brown on the effected buds while others remain white/orange

The other thing to consider is the plant being germinated. If it's late in flower there may not be fully formed seeds but the colas will die off

My pics for reference

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (08-01-19), G' (10-01-19), Gaz (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), ggotch (10-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-01-19), WF420 (07-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post

If she's rotten, the leaves will pull away from the bud with very little force at all

The pistils will also go brown on the effected buds while others remain white/orange

The other thing to consider is the plant being germinated. If it's late in flower there may not be fully formed seeds but the colas will die off

My pics for reference

Current diary
    Shit mate its heart breaking isnt it. no dehumidifier? i bought mine 3 years ago for 170 quid and i would not be without it. i view it as 170 for saving my buds.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), ggotch (10-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19), WF420 (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Shit mate its heart breaking isnt it. no dehumidifier? i bought mine 3 years ago for 170 quid and i would not be without it. i view it as 170 for saving my buds.
    I got a cheapy 2nd hand but il be upgrading soon i think mines started to be abit noisy for my liking!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), ggotch (10-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Yeah got 12L dehumidifier just don't think I had it running soon enough. Not used to buds swelling like this lol

Probably one plant too many in the groom also mate

Current diary

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), WF420 (10-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post

My pics for reference

Current diary

Did about 5 checks. It wasn't rot. I've had rot once before so I know how to identify it. The pistils all looked normal. I think I waited too long for harvest. ALL the nitrogen got sucked from the fan leaves and they just died. I dried as normal then tidied up the rest of the leaves. No rot. Would have been strange considering the humidity was below 40% the final 2 weeks and none of the others suffered from rot.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (10-01-19), WF420 (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I'm paranoid about rot because i'm color blind and can't see it so i keep getting my son to check over the cola's, i have a 20lr dehumidifier and as soon as the buds start forming she's up and running on continuous drain set at 40% can't take chances with the dreaded grot man, all the best, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

18. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    I'm paranoid about rot because i'm color blind and can't see it so i keep getting my son to check over the cola's, i have a 20lr dehumidifier and as soon as the buds start forming she's up and running on continuous drain set at 40% can't take chances with the dreaded grot man, all the best, G'.
    That must be a nightmare G!

Bet the extra para goes a long way to help prevent it though

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

G' (10-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast