Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perplexing growth.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,260 Times

Default Perplexing growth.

Undergoing a mentored grow with Blue and we have a plant that is very confusing to say the least lol.

Soil or hydro or coco: Coco

Strain: CKS Sour Jack (Jack Herer X Sour Diesel)

Photo or Auto: Photo

plant age: First above soil Nov 4th, 2 months 2 days.

pot size: Current 5G Airpot

has it been repotted? and when?: First repot at 19 days, from 150ml pot to a 1.5L pot. Second repot at 34 days to final Airpots

soil type: Promix seedling starter mixed at roughly 65-35 soil-coco, final repot is 100% coco

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: Every 2 days Canna A/B and Rhizotonic.

Air temps (max min): 23 max, 19.8 min.

Res temps (max min): 20 (standing bucket)

humidity: 40-43%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 700W Viparspectra

Light schedule: 20-4

ph level: Current feed at 6 going in, 5.8-6 coming out.

EC: 0.8

Background EC: 0.2-3

Ventilation: 8" inline fan with CF for exhaust, 4" inline fan with CF as an intake, and one mesh panel open at the bottom of the tent open for passive intake. (the 8" will create a black hole if i close it up)

feed schedule and nutes: Feeding every other day as follows.

3L providing enough runoff of 2ml/L Rhizo, roughly 0.4-0.5 EC and the remainder is equal parts A/B, roughly 1ml/L each.

First picture was taken at first repot, you can see the issue was present prior to this point.

Second picture is 25 days ago, the coco at this point was getting to dry, resulting in salt buildup and a crazy swing in pH, BUT, thats not what caused the underlying issue. At this point the 4x2 grow space was getting much to small for four plants, temps were coming up to 30c and RH ranging from 75-85. the leaves started developing a weird texture to them, and a very grassy smell.

Third picture was a couple days before christmas, at this point i think heat stress and high RH, coupled with the salt buildup is what caused some burnt tips here and there, since been removed.

All pics following are present condition in the new 1.2m×1.2m space, with more than adequate ventilation (maybe to much so, low temps and RH). The texture is insane, it almost feels like plastic on some, and sandpaper on others. Newest points of growth are a super limey green colour, and then more developed leaves have completely different shades.

Last three pics are of her sister, and the difference between what I'm assuming are the same strain.

Despite her fugliness, she keeps growing.. Im experimenting with my training on her, because well, shes a freak. I can supercrop a branch so its almost pointing at the ground and an hour later shes back up. Did the whole plant last night and will post pictures before lights on today to show.

Appreciate this experience so much, so much learnt in this veg period, and maybe someone can help me and Blue out with whats going on here.

Thanks to any and all who manage to get through that short novel, thank you thank you thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

If this is a mentored grow I feel you should be talking to Blue about this. JMO

Please check out my diary.

Cinderella jock and 1 other
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (06-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (07-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post

We've discussed and he hasnt got a clue.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (07-01-19), millwall115 (06-01-19), MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite2144 View Post
    We've discussed and he hasnt got a clue.

I had a plant that had a weird look and feel to the leaves, like you said but they were a ice green and were growing so I didn’t fuss to much and it’s about 2 week from chop and loaded with bud.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (06-01-19), MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Thanks

I had a plant that had a weird look and feel to the leaves, like you said but they were a ice green and were growing so I didn’t fuss to much and it’s about 2 week from chop and loaded with bud.

Somewhat reassuring, assuming in turned out well. I'd love to figure out the cause of this, would just be one more thing to learn from. I dont feel its life or death for the plant, as youll see she grows everyday.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (06-01-19), MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

I think Blue has also been wondering what to do....Hmmm looks so so so much like a ph issue to me. Have you reset the ph with a flush? 2 days a watering meh, not enough lad seriously minimum once a day to flush out older nutes, deliver new air and generally deliver fresh nutes. Have you looked at the roots of it? the sister looks fine now but she also had a bad ph issue. Tbh when its all said and done it could just be a shit seed. I had 2 white widow, 1 grew fine, massive. the other was like that the whole grow mostly in a uk outddor garden. the buds were weird as fook, the leaves ironicallty started to grow out ok towards the end. the smoke of the mutant was the best by far....for what its worth i would keep going with her and see what happens. all the best
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    I think Blue has also been wondering what to do....Hmmm looks so so so much like a ph issue to me. Have you reset the ph with a flush? 2 days a watering meh, not enough lad seriously minimum once a day to flush out older nutes, deliver new air and generally deliver fresh nutes. Have you looked at the roots of it? the sister looks fine now but she also had a bad ph issue. Tbh when its all said and done it could just be a shit seed. I had 2 white widow, 1 grew fine, massive. the other was like that the whole grow mostly in a uk outddor garden. the buds were weird as fook, the leaves ironicallty started to grow out ok towards the end. the smoke of the mutant was the best by far....for what its worth i would keep going with her and see what happens. all the best
    some of the best weed i ever smoked come from a mutant, so glad you included that info smoby,

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Cheers man, love the input. Hell if it turned out to be my best smoke I'd be surprised lmao. That's three counts for daily watering, gonna run it by Blue and see if we're ready for it. The roots coming out the bottom of all four are super healthy looking, snow white. We did reset about a week ago when there was an apparent issue with the runoff of the medium. All experienced the same issue, but this was present long before. Starting to think about the seed part of things, but she was so healthy looking before the first repot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

will have a read through the diary, looks like she is going sorta necrotic

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (06-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    will have a read through the diary, looks like she is going sorta necrotic
    Cheers for the input man, would that be a concern to the other plants at all?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (06-01-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast