Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perplexing growth.

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i would just sit back and let them grow out, hopefully the problem will just fix itself,
    best of luck with the rest of your grow,

wishing you luck

--
    below is a plant that suffered a slight ph imbalance due to ph swing from 5.8-6.9
    her sister wasn't affected at all by the ph swing, strange isn't it

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    i would just sit back and let them grow out, hopefully the problem will just fix itself,
    best of luck with the rest of your grow,

wishing you luck

--
    below is a plant that suffered a slight ph imbalance due to ph swing from 5.8-6.9
    her sister wasn't affected at all by the ph swing, strange isn't it
    Thank you so much for your inputs, thats exactly what happened to my cookies, down to a t no doubt. I hope you tag along, always love an extra set of eyes and opinions. I'm brand new, and so fortunate to have a mentor as Blue, and others like yourself to give advice and share your experiences. First time ever to have plants this size indoors, and even to be at this point I'm so grateful.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    If this is a mentored grow I feel you should be talking to Blue about this. JMO

Please check out my diary.

Cinderella jock and 1 other
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t
    I think Blue has also been wondering what to do....Hmmm looks so so so much like a ph issue to me. Have you reset the ph with a flush? 2 days a watering meh, not enough lad seriously minimum once a day to flush out older nutes, deliver new air and generally deliver fresh nutes. Have you looked at the roots of it? the sister looks fine now but she also had a bad ph issue. Tbh when its all said and done it could just be a shit seed. I had 2 white widow, 1 grew fine, massive. the other was like that the whole grow mostly in a uk outddor garden. the buds were weird as fook, the leaves ironicallty started to grow out ok towards the end. the smoke of the mutant was the best by far....for what its worth i would keep going with her and see what happens. all the best
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19)

Thanks

just looking back at your early photos, i can see an odd look on the affected one, kinda weird open pores all over it, way bigger than normal. a phone wouldnt normally capture that much detail, unless that detail is much more noticeable. I think this plant has been poorly since birth. which means there is no error, just snide seed. I see one says cookie? cookies kush i hope not, had a dreadful experience with that, monster plants with hardly and decent bud lol. Keep her growing but, what i would do is this - give tha slag a shower. So, grab several builders buckets (99p store) get 3 of them, fill to 12 litres each. make them up to you're normal feed strength but slightly reduced (hitting the lower number) ph to 5.8. do all 3 buckets ok. Now grab ya plant, stick her in the shower. make sure the watere is not cold or rtoo warm. slight warm is fine to start (this helps melt any salts) leave it to run through the pot for 15 minutes, no furious gushing of water though, we dont wanna wash away the exchange sites if we casn help it. So yeah get that flushed through. then use the 3 buckets of water, splosh, stright through it. This should not cause any issues doing flushing like this i do it every few weeks. give that a try mate, i think if she gonna pull right then it be down to a flush

you need that plant coco wet every day so it doesnt dry mate, if it dries what happens to all the chemicals we put in there? it solidifies and quick too
    Last edited by SmobyToker#1; 07-01-19 at 04:54 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    I think Blue has also been wondering what to do....Hmmm looks so so so much like a ph issue to me. Have you reset the ph with a flush? 2 days a watering meh, not enough lad seriously minimum once a day to flush out older nutes, deliver new air and generally deliver fresh nutes. Have you looked at the roots of it? the sister looks fine now but she also had a bad ph issue. Tbh when its all said and done it could just be a shit seed. I had 2 white widow, 1 grew fine, massive. the other was like that the whole grow mostly in a uk outddor garden. the buds were weird as fook, the leaves ironicallty started to grow out ok towards the end. the smoke of the mutant was the best by far....for what its worth i would keep going with her and see what happens. all the best
    some of the best weed i ever smoked come from a mutant, so glad you included that info smoby,

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    the others will hopefully only be rooted where the coco is, all around the outside after u repotted into only coco
    is only my opinion of course but at 4 days old the leaf tips were dying back,

as they established more the older growth also died back slightly,

if the medium is doing it's job, the only leaves you lose is the ones you remove yourself,

my plants at 3 weeks old, in only soil
    no damage, no dying growth, no twisting or necrotic growth

Beautiful plants mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (07-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bin man View Post
    Beautiful plants mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah ditto, look very happy

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (07-01-19), dynamite2144 (07-01-19), GEORGE (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (07-01-19)

Thanks

Cheers man, love the input. Hell if it turned out to be my best smoke I'd be surprised lmao. That's three counts for daily watering, gonna run it by Blue and see if we're ready for it. The roots coming out the bottom of all four are super healthy looking, snow white. We did reset about a week ago when there was an apparent issue with the runoff of the medium. All experienced the same issue, but this was present long before. Starting to think about the seed part of things, but she was so healthy looking before the first repot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-01-19)

Thanks

Aw mate dont think on ity too hard, its just how it is i reckon, you got BLUE at the helm, shit i seen that guy around years helping and lush plants so with all that in mind lad, i dont think the best growers in the world could fix that. All you can hope for is that she grows nice buds and gets ya wrecked lol. Im really hoping it pans out great for you.

The thing with the watering, i think i know what blue was doing. He was trying get the roots searching for the water rather than being lazy. Basically a more active plant. I do the same for the first week 10 days of repotting. when i have roots out the bottoms as in loads of roots i start giving around 2.5 ltrs in a 20ltr air pot daily. i'm now giving 4 litres a day each, but will up ity to 5 litres now in flower, they are dry every morning. It all depends on you're enviro though. you want a good humidity where it aint drying out too quick or slow. Is that a;ll fixed now, envbiro i mean.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Aw mate dont think on ity too hard, its just how it is i reckon, you got BLUE at the helm, shit i seen that guy around years helping and lush plants so with all that in mind lad, i dont think the best growers in the world could fix that. All you can hope for is that she grows nice buds and gets ya wrecked lol. Im really hoping it pans out great for you.

The thing with the watering, i think i know what blue was doing. He was trying get the roots searching for the water rather than being lazy. Basically a more active plant. I do the same for the first week 10 days of repotting. when i have roots out the bottoms as in loads of roots i start giving around 2.5 ltrs in a 20ltr air pot daily. i'm now giving 4 litres a day each, but will up ity to 5 litres now in flower, they are dry every morning. It all depends on you're enviro though. you want a good humidity where it aint drying out too quick or slow. Is that a;ll fixed now, envbiro i mean.
    The watering issue resided with me, not understanding the quantity of water to flush out residuals ect and also let it get to dry. Plants are bangin off now, unfortunately not the most ideal conditions being at 20-22c and 40-45% RH, but we're almost at time for flower, so I'll worry about RH for veg in the next grow. Love the reassuring words, thanks man.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamite2144 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (10-01-19)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast