Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dry to cure help.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Default Dry to cure help.

Hi everyone so i have these last bits of sweettooth left from previous grow and always wishing they were abit sticky still like they did before they went into jars.
    Whats your guys prefered curig method?

I like abit of stickyness to my buds but after cutting fron the drying rack when stems almost snap i put the bud into jars. At this point there nice and sticky witch i like abit off. After a night in the jar i open them up and the stickyness has gone and they feel just moist and spongey so i let breath each day till there dry. BUT the slight stickyness has vanished like how do i keep it with abit of stickyness to it. Did i jar for to long and they sweated out maybe?
    Im now in flower on my recent grow and wana be prepared for this so any pointers rights from wrongs id be highly greatfull. Id really like to keep abit of stickyness to the buds this time as i think buds taste better like that. Maybe il try a few different methods i dunno? Thank you!

My first diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...7-My-1st-diary
    Last edited by Grower88; 07-01-19 at 11:48 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19)

Macky Guest

Do you know what the room humidity is inside your jars mate?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Grower88 (07-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Do you know what the room humidity is inside your jars mate?
    No mate thats the one thing i thought of were i have maybe gone wrong.
    I have 4 small humidity and temp gauges ready this time lol

My first diary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

as they are moved, knocked together the thc can simply break away
    if it's totally dried the trichs can become sorta brittle

a slow dry helps with this problem same as maintaining rH%
    if they go extra dry, they can simply fall away, or stick to the actual glass in the curing jars

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bigggd69 (08-01-19), G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Grower88 (08-01-19)

Thanks

I try to keep mine at about 62% humidity. Humidity packs do help!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Grower88 (08-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigggd69 View Post
    I try to keep mine at about 62% humidity. Humidity packs do help!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Got them this time also lol. Do yours still stay abit sticky after some time? Maybe my went over the dirty 70% humid and swet my buds out to much? If i keep around 60 i should be good?

My first diary

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    as they are moved, knocked together the thc can simply break away
    if it's totally dried the trichs can become sorta brittle

a slow dry helps with this problem same as maintaining rH%
    if they go extra dry, they can simply fall away, or stick to the actual glass in the curing jars
    Cheers yea its not overley dry i do have a hunidity pack in thwre also its just that bit of stickyness i want to keep lol

My first diary

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've had good luck with this method of drying, I have fine tuned it over the years. Cut the plant and hang until its dry enough, that if you lay a bud on the table it won't show a dent in the bud. Then I put the buds in a large cardboard boot box and slow the dry. Also in the box I have a humility gauge. When the stems snap then I place the shoe boxes FULL of buds into plastic trash bags and seal them. I burp the bags as needed! However the less you burp in the end the better the cure. The last part, I put stinky sticky buds put into jars. When you open the jars BOOM!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Grower88 (08-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeperpark View Post
    I've had good luck with this method of drying, I have fine tuned it over the years. Cut the plant and hang until its dry enough, that if you lay a bud on the table it won't show a dent in the bud. Then I put the buds in a large cardboard boot box and slow the dry. Also in the box I have a humility gauge. When the stems snap then I place the shoe boxes FULL of buds into plastic trash bags and seal them. I burp the bags as needed! However the less you burp in the end the better the cure. The last part, I put stinky sticky buds put into jars. When you open the jars BOOM!
    Cheers mate this pretty much confirm it for me
    Think i may have put them into jars to soon so il try drying abit more in paoer bags or cardboard box before i put into jars. If hunidity goes above 65 then im guessing this means it aint dry enough? Cheers

My first diary

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

G' (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), MonsterEnergy (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I too use a large boot box if Rh is too high in the jar or a brown paper bag depending on how much bud there is but when Jared up and your gently shaking the jar to loosen and rotate the nugs before burping some of the trichs are gonna stick to the inside of the jar "my jars look like frosted glass now" you will loose a lot of the stickiness from the outside of the nug but it should still be sticky inside, i'm using nugs that have been cured for 6 or 7 months for my wife's med's they are just slightly sticky on the outside but as soon as i start breaking them up for the grinder they are super sticky and after being through the grinder i have trouble sprinkling it into her joint as it sticks to my finger and thumb but holy shit the smell and the taste is unbelievable man oh and by the way it's organic as well all the best brother may all your nugs be sticky sticky, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-01-19), Grower88 (09-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast