Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Uk Grow With Smart Meter in house.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rigos View Post
    Hi Erby,

Thanks for your input! I assumed as much just airing on the side of caution.

Regards
    Rigos
    Always best to be safe mate, and its good to get people talking in case others have had a different experience - we're all in the same boat hey

Reducing my electric footprint has been on my mind lately as well (somewhat prompted by the smart meter to be fair so its also a tool as well as a hindrance).

I'm switching to higher end LEDs. They pull 40% less from the wall which means I can do 2 x 600w HPS equivalent LED setups for about the price of one.

Im also going to add a big oil heater to the groom to take the pressure of the expensive fan heater (for lights out).

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-19), creeperpark (11-01-19), Dr Green (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), UpT0wn (09-01-19), Valentina (09-01-19)

Thanks

my energy company tried charging me £65 for lecky and £75 for gas but got them both removed on medical grounds for nowt so guess i was pretty lucky

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miracle-herb For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Valentina,

Thanks for taking the time out to have a look for me, really went above and beyond it is much appreciated!

All the best for 2019.

Regards
    Rigos

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Hi Erby,

Looked at LED's myself a few years ago i think this was before the time that the initial outlay was worth the Efficiency saving balanced with the results.

Things have probably come a long way since the days of me looking at them so it may be that i take the time out to have another look into this. If you have any recommendation on LED(s) i would appreciate them, although i suspect that is another thread completely

Regards
    Rigos

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Hi Erby,

Looked at LED's myself a few years ago i think this was before the time that the initial outlay was worth the Efficiency saving balanced with the results.

Things have probably come a long way since the days of me looking at them so it may be that i take the time out to have another look into this. If you have any recommendation on LED(s) i would appreciate them, although i suspect that is another thread completely

Regards
    Rigos
    Hi mate,

haha yeahh for sure lol. As a starting point check out Invisible Sun for a cheaper / slightly DIY entry point. Or if like me you would prefer a more 'finished' product off the bat, check out Migro. Also the Migro youtube channel is great for general information and comparisons. Well worth a lazy afternoon having a snoop around

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

G' (12-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), UpT0wn (10-01-19)

Thanks

Erby,

lazy afternoons are few and far between unfortunately although my partner is working this weekend so i might be able to find myself a few hours!

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards
    Rigos

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Erby,

lazy afternoons are few and far between unfortunately although my partner is working this weekend so i might be able to find myself a few hours!

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards
    Rigos
    Haha hearing that mate - well best of luck. Any Qs feel free to ask and I'll help where I can

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

G' (12-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread on this forum so please forgive me if it is a bit rough around the edges!

SO i have the opportunity to commence a grow in my new house that i recently bought, only problem is the house already had a smart meter installed before i moved in. Is there any way around this or any danger surrounding these meters? Should i be wary of the meter or should i just crack on as if it was not there?

Have no experience with smart meters and how to grow around or with them so just wondering if anyone else has any experience they can share with me on this matter.

Any and all advice much appreciated!

Regards
    Rigos
    Hey mate welcome I was in same shoes you are 2/3 months ago. On here you will be look after for anything weed related, I am going on a smart meter as well.... Most lights,fans, ect. Are "energy saver" pending on you're gear... Just get your stuff setup and watch the meter... I have a 300w led and fan on 24 hrs and its barely increased by a pound a day

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel9119 For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

just pay the bill on time mate
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

G' (12-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), M_C (09-01-19), rigos (09-01-19)

Thanks

Hi M_C,

Thanks for your response to my thread, would you not worry about it even if you was running say 5/6 600w hps and all the things that go with it?

Regards
    Rigos
    If you run all that seriously you may as well hang the sign out you're window and door to everyone

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mel9119 For This Useful Post:

Erby (09-01-19), G' (12-01-19), gardro (09-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), UpT0wn (09-01-19)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast