Thread: manures

Thanks

Default manures

Hi, does anyone have any experience growing with manures? mainly cow and chicken. thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to budlover59 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19)

Thanks

Yes, wonderful soil amendments! They both have to be composted well before use. If you are using bagd then you are good to go. You have to be careful with poultry mix because the high nitrogen will turn your leafs very dark and reduce bud quality. You add poultry at the first of the year only one time. Composted Cow on the other hand can be add a couple times a year.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (11-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Best thing for chicken is to buy some Black hen. It is already compost, and doesn't burn. Fresh chicken is way to hot. Horse and Cow are good, use them for sometime now. I've grown in fresh Horse and Rabbit, with no problems at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0400.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	369182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	369183  

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

i went to wilkinsons and baught a large tub ( 10 kilos for a fiver ) of chicken shit pellets ... add a good handfull to your plot and leave for a week or so ... i usually add another handfull a few days before planting too ... good stuff , i also get egg shells from the local bakery for free.... wash them and dry in the oven for 15 mins ... grind to a rough powder and use that too ... slightly larger bits of egg shells scattered about seem to help prevent the slugs and snails too .... i also chop up some seaweed and add that a month or so before planting to the plot too

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (15-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19)