Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy, 14, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, north-east London

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

Default Boy, 14, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, north-east London

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4034181.html

Another one dead. 5th in London this year, making it one every 2 days.

Why was a 14 year old "good boy" riding a scooter without a plate on the road? Makes no sense.

Gangs, no gangs, not interested.

But the application of Section 60 is potentially worrying.

What is Section 60:

According to https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.u...top-and-search

Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 allows a police officer to stop and search a person without suspicion. Section 60 stops and searches can take place in an area which has been authorised by a senior police officer on the basis of their reasonable belief that violence has or is about to occur, and where it is expedient to prevent it or search people for a weapon if one was involved in the incident.

Section 60 is a broadly framed and indiscriminate policing tool.

If you're innocent otherwise but in the wrong place at the wrong time, I hope your god saves your derriere.
    Last edited by Valentina; 10-01-19 at 02:39 PM.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (11-01-19), Erby (11-01-19), GEORGE (10-01-19), M_C (11-01-19), Trex (11-01-19)

Thanks

I've got to admit that besides Hotshot, I am surprised that no one else here has so far shown interest in the Stop and Search aspect of the case.

It'll only escalate, just give it time.

Another Occupy thing or another bunch of riots, that's when it will be expected and the masses would be grateful for the "safety measures".

The older generation that survived WW2 or other major cultural changes are getting older now and are not gonna be as active, and the young'uns? History is gonna repeat itself.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

I'll get on this tomorrow val, it takes a long reply lol. But it's all going shit

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19), Valentina (11-01-19)

Thanks

Yeah, Macky. It's cool in this little haven of ours in cyberspace, for now anyway we are alright. In a very small nutshell, it's all going shit.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,398 Times

if stop and search stops folk carrying knifes and reduces knife crime, im all for it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to i spy For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19), M_C (11-01-19), Trex (11-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i spy View Post
    if stop and search stops folk carrying knifes and reduces knife crime, im all for it.
    Dude, you're entitled to your opinion but this is exactly the response they want.

Reduce knife crimes? Yeah right. A "Bladed Weapon" goes beyond knives and swords.

I'll leave it at that.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19), Priapus (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i spy View Post
    if stop and search stops folk carrying knifes and reduces knife crime, I'm all for it.
    Whilst we have bullshit laws, that turn drug users into criminals, the stop and search will never be OK. Even if we had legal drugs all round, I just don't think its right for the authorities to stop you at any time, for no reason at all, and invade your space.

The media are pushing this knife crime epidemic hard right now, and it is a terrible thing that these young guys are dying. But are we really supposed to adjust the lives of everyone, because of the small percentage of dickheads who carry knives? Its a bigger problem than that. Knife crime is on the rise because poverty is on the rise. It was always going to happen, with all the government cuts, and the rise of immigrants into the country, along with the media telling us to hate those immigrants, a massive divide has been built. People are scared of each other, scared to leave the house, scared to go online, tensions are high, the future doesnt look bright, and the people will lash out.

Im not excusing the youth of today carrying knives, but try and understand their position in today society. There are no good, CAREERS for them to get like the other generations have had. They will never find a job that will pay them enough money so they will be able to afford their own homes.

They are complained about no matter what they do; " ahh these kids always hanging round on the street" but then the same people will say, " when i was a kid i always played out side". OR the other way round, if they're not getting complained at, for being out side and being a lout, Theyre being complained at for staying in playing play station!

Both of their parents are at work, all the time, if both parents are around. The educations system is failing them, the police force has been cut like fuck, and no one is there to raise them properly, other than their mates, who live the same lives. This will no doubt raise gang life! The family unit doesn't exist to a lot of kids, not just because couple are less likely to stay together, but because now days, both parents have to work, long hours, to make end meet.

Stay in, play xbox or something, and be safe, but be called a lazy bastard who never does anything, go get a job.... They have looked, and the only job they can find are zero hour contracts, that do not guarantee pay, and pretty much just extorts thier staff.

Or go out, do like the kids in the 80 and 90s did, but youll be seen as a lout, hanging round the streets, go get a job.

I really feel for the youth of today, and dread to think of the world we are leaving behind for them! No one understand where they're coming from, no one speaks out for their POV. Just sit there and be quiet kid!

Everyone is turned against each other because of media. Young vs old, white vs everyone else, smokers vs drinkers, unemployed vs exploited workers, corporations vs the people, if you look, you will see the only people really working together here, is the government, the media, and the bankers! This is all a result of thier work, the kids are just innocent victims of the insane fuckers running the country, and the world.

Stop and search will never be ok IMO. It will end up target minorities more than anything, and people will be stopped and searched just because of the colour of their skin! This will happen!!! Even though, white kids will carry knives on the same rartion as any other race kids, you can be sure it will end up 90% minorities being arrested and prosecuted whilst the white kids dont get searched.

We have institutionalised racism in the western world, and white privilege, this is mainly because of the media pushing their agenda. Any kind of random stop and search is going to highlight that even more.

Thanks Val...... Now im gonna have to get into a politics debate! lol

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Erby (11-01-19), GasMan (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19), Priapus (11-01-19), Valentina (11-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Dude, you're entitled to your opinion but this is exactly the response they want.

Reduce knife crimes? Yeah right. A "Bladed Weapon" goes beyond knives and swords.

I'll leave it at that.
    whats the answer then ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to i spy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Whilst we have bullshit laws, that turn drug users into criminals, the stop and search will never be OK. Even if we had legal drugs all round, I just don't think its right for the authorities to stop you at any time, for no reason at all, and invade your space.

The media are pushing this knife crime epidemic hard right now, and it is a terrible thing that these young guys are dying. But are we really supposed to adjust the lives of everyone, because of the small percentage of dickheads who carry knives? Its a bigger problem than that. Knife crime is on the rise because poverty is on the rise. It was always going to happen, with all the government cuts, and the rise of immigrants into the country, along with the media telling us to hate those immigrants, a massive divide has been built. People are scared of each other, scared to leave the house, scared to go online, tensions are high, the future doesnt look bright, and the people will lash out.

Im not excusing the youth of today carrying knives, but try and understand their position in today society. There are no good, CAREERS for them to get like the other generations have had. They will never find a job that will pay them enough money so they will be able to afford their own homes.

They are complained about no matter what they do; " ahh these kids always hanging round on the street" but then the same people will say, " when i was a kid i always played out side". OR the other way round, if they're not getting complained at, for being out side and being a lout, Theyre being complained at for staying in playing play station!

Both of their parents are at work, all the time, if both parents are around. The educations system is failing them, the police force has been cut like fuck, and no one is there to raise them properly, other than their mates, who live the same lives. This will no doubt raise gang life! The family unit doesn't exist to a lot of kids, not just because couple are less likely to stay together, but because now days, both parents have to work, long hours, to make end meet.

Stay in, play xbox or something, and be safe, but be called a lazy bastard who never does anything, go get a job.... They have looked, and the only job they can find are zero hour contracts, that do not guarantee pay, and pretty much just extorts thier staff.

Or go out, do like the kids in the 80 and 90s did, but youll be seen as a lout, hanging round the streets, go get a job.

I really feel for the youth of today, and dread to think of the world we are leaving behind for them! No one understand where they're coming from, no one speaks out for their POV. Just sit there and be quiet kid!

Everyone is turned against each other because of media. Young vs old, white vs everyone else, smokers vs drinkers, unemployed vs exploited workers, corporations vs the people, if you look, you will see the only people really working together here, is the government, the media, and the bankers! This is all a result of thier work, the kids are just innocent victims of the insane fuckers running the country, and the world.

Stop and search will never be ok IMO. It will end up target minorities more than anything, and people will be stopped and searched just because of the colour of their skin! This will happen!!! Even though, white kids will carry knives on the same rartion as any other race kids, you can be sure it will end up 90% minorities being arrested and prosecuted whilst the white kids dont get searched.

We have institutionalised racism in the western world, and white privilege, this is mainly because of the media pushing their agenda. Any kind of random stop and search is going to highlight that even more.

Thanks Val...... Now im gonna have to get into a politics debate! lol
    there is no excuse to carry a knife with intention to use it mate.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i spy For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

Default Boy, 14, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, north-east London

Just for an example, a white kids in my city, last year, stabbed a kid, my kids knows, in the leg. The kid was found, got away with a slap on the wrist!!! The knife wound was three inches away from a major artery which would have killed him. But, it's ok, white boy, don't do it again!

Black kid gets FOUND with a knife, expelled from school criminal record, community service, the balance isn't right! And until it is, we can't do random stop and searches, the anger will just be fuelled by it, but then again, maybe that's what they want.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19), Valentina (11-01-19)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast