Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy, 14, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, north-east London

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I just don't trust the establishment to do it fairly. Who do we put in charge of the limits of this? Who can be stopped and searched and why? Where do you draw the line. Law is never just as black an white as that.

Do you think, if a rich white kid, from a good area of London, was found with a knife, he would held to the same rules as the guy from Peckham? I don't see this heading in a good direction at all. Its just the start of totalitarianism.

I agree something has to be done about it, but stop and search will take away the rights of the average person. And we have already have had plenty of those removed over the last twenty years. Its a slippery slope this one which we have to tread carefully with, giving the police powers like this just never feels right to me lol. To be able to stop a person when they have done nothing wrong and be able to just search them.... nah man lol. Especially as I would have weed in my pocket lol.
    So, rather than saying what shouldn't be done, what should we do to tackle the problem of people being murdered with knifes in London?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    You do realise that walking around with a bag of weed is also illegal? Or have you, in your own mind, legalised it?
    Lmao! It is illegal but im doing nothing wrong by carrying it

So though i am doing nothing wrong, if the police can randomly stop and search me, I'm fucked just for having a couple of spliffs on me doing no harm to any one.

If the drug laws were to change, and people couldn't be prosecuted for possession of drugs ( which is a health issue not a criminal issue) then i would be more inclined for stop and search. As, the only thing they would find that they could prosecute you for is an offensive weapon, not a bag of weed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks

Lmao! It is illegal but im doing nothing wrong by carrying it
    It is illegal therefore you are doing something wrong!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

So, rather than saying what shouldn't be done, what should we do to tackle the problem of people being murdered with knifes in London?
    fuck knows lol! Education of the youth is important, having a good family unit is too. Its a problem with society as a whole, the youth are being left behind and forgotten about amongst all the other problems we are having right now. It happened in amercia during the 1980s with the crack epidemic, but with guns, to much poverty, too much crime, people feel the need to protect themselves, and carry a knife, which then leads them more inclined to use it.

Im not an advocate for carrying knives, and i think something has to be done to fix it, but we have to be careful about just handing our rights away like that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Macky Guest

It is illegal therefore you are doing something wrong!
    No I'm not mate! I don't know who you can say that. In the mind of the law, im not even doing anything wrong! For there to be a crime, there has to be a victim! There is no victim in possessing weed, and we are doing nothing wrong by smoking it. The law is fucked and it is illegal yes, but it is not wrong on a moral level. Illegal and immoral are different man.

I gtg shopping, lol. Catch you in a bit talkers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I'm with I Spy on this. We've tried the softly softly approach - it does not work!

Stop & search & a minimum 5 year sentence for the possession of a knife.
    I'm with I spy and mc . I regularly got stopped as a young white boy walking through a Asian and black area and searched. I was never doing anything wrong or carrying anything I shouldn't. So it didn't bother me. Don't break the laws and ya have nothing to worry about. I've been stabbed in the back next to my spine ended up bleeding into my lungs drowning in my own blood. There's no reason why anyone should be carrying a knife on or streets. Full stop

in a green and pleasant land

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (11-01-19), Gaz (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19), i spy (11-01-19), M_C (11-01-19)

Thanks

fuck knows lol! Education of the youth is important, having a good family unit is too. Its a problem with society as a whole, the youth are being left behind and forgotten about amongst all the other problems we are having right now. It happened in amercia during the 1980s with the crack epidemic, but with guns, to much poverty, too much crime, people feel the need to protect themselves, and carry a knife, which then leads them more inclined to use it.

Im not an advocate for carrying knives, and i think something has to be done to fix it, but we have to be careful about just handing our rights away like that
    This is the problem with today's society. They complain bitterly but have no answers...

A good family unit? This has been eroded for years. You can no longer discipline a child & a child has 'rights' - adults are now scared of children.

The youth are being left behind & forgotten about... no they are not! I grew up in the 70's & 80's things were a lot 'worse' then but people weren't stabbing each other

America tackled their problem in a way that you say in unacceptable for the UK

Carrying a knife is an imported culture, we never used to do it.... but we are gagged on talking about the cultures we are importing into the UK

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (11-01-19), Gaz (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks

No I'm not mate! I don't know who you can say that. In the mind of the law, im not even doing anything wrong! For there to be a crime, there has to be a victim! There is no victim in possessing weed, and we are doing nothing wrong by smoking it. The law is fucked and it is illegal yes, but it is not wrong on a moral level. Illegal and immoral are different man.

I gtg shopping, lol. Catch you in a bit talkers.
    LOL - you are trying to set up a straw man argument... I ain't going there!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Read a book called crack house . The epidemic that happened in America hit our streets of London manchester Liverpool etc etc years ago. One of the major problems we have is morons breeding morons and I think castration is the only answer. Years and years of people not giving a shit what there kids do so as parents why do they care what their kids do as no one cared for them. I was brought up to better myself and do better than my parents ( hard to live up to there standards) and bring my kids up to do better than myself. There's no excuse to carry a knife on our streets.

in a green and pleasant land

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19), ggotch (11-01-19), M_C (11-01-19), Valentina (11-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

I've been stopped and searched a few times I figure police just do what they want anyway lol. Maybe naive of me to not contest it but I had nothing bad on me and was in my younger yob days. I'm sure they were always pissed off when they only found an empty grinder so was satisfying at the same time

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-19), GEORGE (11-01-19)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast