Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help me out please folks ........

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

Default help me out please folks ........

hi there talkers , ive allways done outdoor growing guerilla stylee, but i have decided to bite the bullit, and at least try an indoor grow ....i have a family member with cancer and another with bad fibromyalgia so i need it to help them ........ HERES THE THING....
    i have no idea if i have the right gear ... ive invested in a little tent 60x60x140 and decided to try autos to start to see how i get on ... exipment i have is as follows ....

tent 60x60x140
    4 inch carbon filter
    4 inch in line fan
    9 inch swivel ocilating fan
    1 x 350w led pannel
    1 x 150w led pannel

HERES THE QUESTIONS......
    is this set up enough for the size of the tent?
    would 4 plants be too many in that size?
    is that enough light?

also would it prevent smells? as i have teenage kids and CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have any smells at all...
    how would i cover the smell when the door of the tent is open to water them etc?

is it best to vent back into the tent, or into the loft?

sorry for all the questions as im sure all you pro growers think theyre daft, but its all new to me and i cant afford to fek it up by the kids smelling ANYTHING AT ALL ... they learn about it in school and know the smell of it ...
    many many thanks for any help you an give
    Last edited by budfarmer; 13-01-19 at 01:28 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (13-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    hi there talkers , ive allways done outdoor growing guerilla stylee, but i have decided to bite the bullit, and at least try an indoor grow ....i have a family member with cancer and another with bad fibromyalgia so i need it to help them ........ HERES THE THING....
    i have no idea if i have the right gear ... ive invested in a little tent 60x60x140 and decided to try autos to start to see how i get on ... exipment i have is as follows ....

tent 60x60x140
    4 inch carbon filter
    4 inch in line fan
    9 inch swivel ocilating fan
    1 x 350w led pannel
    1 x 150w led pannel

HERES THE QUESTIONS......
    is this set up enough for the size of the tent?
    would 4 plants be too many in that size?
    is that enough light?

also would it prevent smells? as i have teenage kids and CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have any smells at all...
    how would i cover the smell when the door of the tent is open to water them etc?

is it best to vent back into the tent, or into the loft?

sorry for all the questions as im sure all you pro growers think theyre daft, but its all new to me and i cant afford to fek it up by the kids smelling ANYTHING AT ALL ... they learn about it in school and know the smell of it ...
    many many thanks for any help you an give
    I use a 4x4x8 ft tent I flower 3 plants at a time but there is plenty of room for 4. I cant help you with the led issue because I run 2 315 watt CMH. I have teenagers at home as well and I vent outside with a 6 inch carbon filter and 6 inch fan. I do get odors when I open the tent to take care of my ladies. The further into flower the worse the odor gets. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (13-01-19), Dr Green (13-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

My tent's 90cm wide and 60 deep. I have to train em low so they get bushy. No way I could fit more than 2 in there. I reckon 50cm square footprint per plant would be ideal.

I'd exhaust into the loft. Maybe get acoustic or phonictrap ducting. You can keep the fan in the attic too, maybe build a isolation box and hang it on hungers to reduce vibration.

No idea about the lights but I expect they'll need a ft min between em and the canopy.

My biggest noise issues come from my filter/exhaust openings. Fans and dehumidifiers also.

Good luck dude

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (13-01-19), Dr Green (13-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

I use LED. My 300w is roughly 60cm from the top of the canopy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (13-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

I had a 60x60x140 tent with all same specks. I used to have 2 auto flowering and am then start an other 2 half way. Re odor I used to buy the odor neutralizer tubs and I used to put on by the door and one on top of the tent and I used a subtle air freshener or incense if your into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xaluti For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (13-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,133 Times

I use a 60x60 bit of a struggle to get more than 2 in, lights should be OK I've used a Mars light in mine

From the groom

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

Thanks

another question is how lon will a carbon filter stay good for? change every 4 grows etc ...
    how do you know when to change it? does the smell just get stronger?
    thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (13-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks

another question is how lon will a carbon filter stay good for? change every 4 grows etc ...
    thanks
    I have had the same one for five grows. I just bought a backup. I cant smell anything when I go outside where it vents so I figure I'm good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (14-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

thanks
    depends on the quality and the rH%

if ur in veg and running a high humidity above 70% it won't last as long,
    my rhino pro will last 2 years+ if treated correctly

i often see people vegging and using humidifiers, would be lucky to last 1 year before needing replaced,
    the smell just gets stronger and stronger especially if ur in flower,

i vent into the attic so id smell it outside if it was going bad, is another reason i prefer a separate veg/flowering tents

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bigggd69 (14-01-19), budfarmer (14-01-19), G' (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19)

Thanks

thanks guys , other than rhino is there any other filters you would recomend ? seen one called fox but i cant find info on it ,,,, was thinking of getting one as a backup ....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast