Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legalization of cannabis

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Default Answered: Legalization of cannabis

Hey folks, so I've got a debate this week in class on legalization of cannabis. I'm obviously on the for team. I want to totally annihilate the opposing team with proven facts and information they can't argue with.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I just want some strong points of the benefits of cannabis being legal.

Best wishes, MK

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    Hey folks, so I've got a debate this week in class on legalization of cannabis. I'm obviously on the for team. I want to totally annihilate the opposing team with proven facts and information they can't argue with.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I just want some strong points of the benefits of cannabis being legal.

Best wishes, MK

Money removed from the black market. Safe access to weed, that is tested to make sure it is clean of pesticides and mould, and it finished properly.

Better prices, hopefully. And more control so youth can't get it easily. ( you have to be 18 and prove your age to buy it)

More resources opened up for the police force.

Tax revenue can fund a lot of things too, plus tourism will boom as people from Europe come here to smoke.

Loads of job being created, as essentially, coffee shops opening will replace all of the closed pubs.

Loads of good reasons man"

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

British green (14-01-19), C-Rex (15-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), The Mighty M (14-01-19), UpT0wn (14-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post

Best wishes, MK

Money removed from the black market. Safe access to weed, that is tested to make sure it is clean of pesticides and mould, and it finished properly.

Better prices, hopefully. And more control so youth can't get it easily. ( you have to be 18 and prove your age to buy it)

Tax revenue can fund a lot of things too, plus tourism will boom as people from Europe come here to smoke.

Loads of job being created, as essentially, coffee shops opening will replace all of the closed pubs.

Loads of good reasons man

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Easy-T (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), jumpman233345 (23-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), The Mighty M (14-01-19), UpT0wn (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

Research into Oregan USA and Cali man, see what effects to the economy its had out there, where its now a commercial industry mate. See what data and statistics you can dig up

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), UpT0wn (14-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post

Loads of good reasons man
    Thanks bud, I'll write it up now haha You've have got some really good points there

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), jumpman233345 (23-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Research into Oregan USA and Cali man, see what effects to the economy its had out there, where its now a commercial industry mate. See what data and statistics you can dig up
    Wicked, I'll have a look now People can't argue with statistics Thanks mate

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Of course you could always look at the negatives

A licence will probably be required, putting your name & address on the official government list. You will have to pay for this. The Government will, later if not sooner, sell this list (or just have it hacked so it is the public domain) - Your life insurance & car insurance will rise as you will be considered a higher risk. You will be hassled at the Drs in the same way that smokers are...

Should you grow at home, again, a licence that you will pay for, home insurance rising (if not impossible to secure) due to perceived fire risk. If you have children then social services will be itching to intervene...

...and that will just be the start! I'm happy for the laws to stay the same...

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (15-01-19), C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), Ginger-bud (15-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), Valentina (14-01-19), Wags (14-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Of course you could always look at the negatives

A licence will probably be required, putting your name & address on the official government list. You will have to pay for this. The Government will, later if not sooner, sell this list (or just have it hacked so it is the public domain) - Your life insurance & car insurance will rise as you will be considered a higher risk. You will be hassled at the Drs in the same way that smokers are...

Should you grow at home, again, a licence that you will pay for, home insurance rising (if not impossible to secure) due to perceived fire risk. If you have children then social services will be itching to intervene...

...and that will just be the start! I'm happy for the laws to stay the same...
    That will just be the start after a few years I think things will become normalised, the initial shock to society will be a problem. But I think eventually it will be treated on the same level as alcohol and tobacco. Just a normal thing adults do

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

My argument.... I suffer from bad back and dodgy joints......I vape weed......I no longer have pain in back and joints. Nuff said

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks

Hello Master Kief, simply point out the fact that cannabis is the only known 'substance' that you cannot overdose on. Unlike all the stuff that is legal!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), M_C (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    That will just be the start after a few years I think things will become normalised, the initial shock to society will be a problem. But I think eventually it will be treated on the same level as alcohol and tobacco. Just a normal thing adults do
    Keep telling yourself that

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (15-01-19), Dr Green (14-01-19), Gaz (14-01-19), GEORGE (15-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast