Thread: High pH in hydro, but no ill effects

Thanks

Default High pH in hydro, but no ill effects

Weird one here, using canna aqua Flores in my Wilma, also have an airstone in there. Tested my ph yesterday and got a reading of 7.4 so I really calibrated my meter, tested it, works fine, made up a feed for my Coco hand watered baby's and the pH was at 6.5 which is where it normally sits, so I'm confident my meter is ok.
    The issue is, my plants look really healthy..... Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20190110_191401.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	369180  
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, Some people just abuse that right!!

My grow Diary

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hotlad00 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (14-01-19), Trex (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlad00 View Post
    Weird one here, using canna aqua Flores in my Wilma, also have an airstone in there. Tested my ph yesterday and got a reading of 7.4 so I really calibrated my meter, tested it, works fine, made up a feed for my Coco hand watered baby's and the pH was at 6.5 which is where it normally sits, so I'm confident my meter is ok.
    The issue is, my plants look really healthy..... Any ideas?
    Here's a handy chart of nutrient uptake according to PH ranges...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), Ginger-bud (14-01-19), Hotlad00 (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (14-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

here is a Hydro ph chart, even at 7.4 you are only locking out a few elements,

phosphorus would become a major problem once your in full flower same as manganese,
    isn't causing an issue yet, but it will later down the road aka full flower,

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), Ginger-bud (14-01-19), Hotlad00 (14-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (14-01-19), WhIpLaSh (14-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Hmmm nicew one for that monster, i was due a look on a chart due to my mag / cal def starting. i think actually i have over fed the 2 plants in question, turning my media acidic, thus dropping ph out of ca range. I guess i should put them in the bath a flush out... thinking about it i'm such a lazy ass stupid stoner. the feed i made too rich i could have just watered it down, but na lazy bollox here wanted another spliff. lol. funny how you find answers with ease on here sometimes. big up thctalk
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), Ginger-bud (14-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Thanks

I've just started adding pk 9 18 too, best get some oh down if it doesn't sort itself out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hotlad00 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (14-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hmmm nicew one for that monster, i was due a look on a chart due to my mag / cal def starting. i think actually i have over fed the 2 plants in question, turning my media acidic, thus dropping ph out of ca range. I guess i should put them in the bath a flush out... thinking about it i'm such a lazy ass stupid stoner. the feed i made too rich i could have just watered it down, but na lazy bollox here wanted another spliff. lol. funny how you find answers with ease on here sometimes. big up thctalk
    Glad it helped Smoby, id of smoked the joint aswell mate lol
    we have all been there, ahh they'll like that extra bit of food

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19)