Thread: Led light question

Thanks

Default Answered: Led light question

Well I will start by saying hello and glad to have found this site. I have found a lot of intel that has helped me on my indoor go.

So on to my question. I have a 900 watt over two gg4 in waterfarm 4 gal linked to a Rez to supple the buckets while I’m away at work for the week. My tent is a 3x3 by like 5.6 I think it is. And the mother room attached in a 1x3 with two more water farms. With a 600 watt led for veg. So I’m trying to figure out what the best height is to hang over my canopy. I’ve heard 18” and was told to use an app and measure the lux on top on the canopy and was told a maximum of 50,000 lux but when I read it at 18 “ it was measuring at like 10,000 lux and I tried lowering the light and get more lux but notice that the outside barely gets light. If someone has any info that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazinjay View Post
    So should a guy keep it at the 18” like I’ve read a guy was doin or just lower to the point That the outsides aren’t shady

Intensity Vs coverage is the trade off you have. Not much you can do with out adding more lights.

I flower at 12 inches with Mars Hydro

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blazinjay For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-01-19), gardro (15-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

Well I will start by saying hello and glad to have found this site. I have found a lot of intel that has helped me on my indoor go.

So on to my question. I have a 900 watt over two gg4 in waterfarm 4 gal linked to a Rez to supple the buckets while I’m away at work for the week. My tent is a 3x3 by like 5.6 I think it is. And the mother room attached in a 1x3 with two more water farms. With a 600 watt led for veg. So I’m trying to figure out what the best height is to hang over my canopy. I’ve heard 18” and was told to use an app and measure the lux on top on the canopy and was told a maximum of 50,000 lux but when I read it at 18 “ it was measuring at like 10,000 lux and I tried lowering the light and get more lux but notice that the outside barely gets light. If someone has any info that would be great.

Hi mate, the good news is that your plants see a lot more of that light than your lux meter does

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

You cant measure blurple light with a lux meter mate

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-01-19), gardro (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks

So should a guy keep it at the 18” like I’ve read a guy was doin or just lower to the point That the outsides aren’t shady

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blazinjay For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-01-19), gardro (15-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks

Intensity Vs coverage is the trade off you have. Not much you can do with out adding more lights.

I flower at 12 inches with Mars Hydro

Current diary

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (16-01-19), CityDweller (16-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks

Oh nice that makes sense and will see how that works. my brother is running two mars 600 watts. I would like to add another 900 watt or a hps just not sure about the heat it’s a bit of a problem for me right now. Are winter this yr is so mild and I was just heating my top floor of the house but going to have to exhaust it out

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blazinjay For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (16-01-19), CityDweller (16-01-19), gardro (15-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks

Oh nice that makes sense and will see how that works. my brother is running two mars 600 watts. I would like to add another 900 watt or a hps just not sure about the heat it’s a bit of a problem for me right now. Are winter this yr is so mild and I was just heating my top floor of the house but going to have to exhaust it out

Just remember those led figures don't mean very much

The Mars 600 pulls around 250w
    The 900 around 400 I think

Current diary

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blazinjay (16-01-19), C-Rex (16-01-19), CityDweller (16-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)

Thanks

Ya I’ve heard you go by the drawing power over what the call the power at.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blazinjay For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (16-01-19), CityDweller (16-01-19), Gaz (15-01-19), GEORGE (16-01-19)