Thread: can ph down weaken over time????

Thanks

Default can ph down weaken over time????

hey guys i have nutridip ph metre it works great however i have used my ph down now for over a year and i find i need to use more now to match numbers but it reads my tap water exact same every time maybe a point different at times so it cant be the metre but i sed to add 3 drops to a gallon of water and iy would bring it down from 7.4 to 6.5 where now i need to add like 5-6 . also i recently started letting my nutrients sit in the gallon of water for hours before use where before it would sit for maybe hf hour then get used does nutrients make it so the ph down isnt as potent or am i just lost ???

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to friendlygrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-19), MonsterEnergy (17-01-19), Wags (17-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

after a year i wouldn't be surprised mate, also depends on how they are stored
    but going from 3 drops to 6 isn't so bad after a full years use

most bottled stuff says discard after 6-12 months use so sounds about right,

bloke on here was using nutrients after a year and they were crashing his ph right down as well

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

friendlygrower (18-01-19), GEORGE (19-01-19)