Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Diets

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    I'm having steak twice a week, Wednesday as something to look forward too mid week n break it up. Then Friday as its got to be healthier than a Chinese lol. Gonna limit me eating a roast though to once every second sunday. Even then though will fit my macros so not really a cheat meal.

Something I find quite annoying and need to bother to look up is a low sugar chicken marinade. Seems everything you can buy already done online is quite high in sugar. Know there will be recipes online its just me being lazy and wanting to have something i can buy and just throw on it. Plain chicken breast is fine but as its my main source of protein it'll soon get boring.
    buy a good quality olive oil, crush a head of garlic, few sprigs of tyme n rosemary some chilis, decant a few glugs out n shove the lot in, leave for a few weeks n then use either as a dressing or a marinade. i do several 1lt bottles at a time all different herbs n spice mixes. so much nicer than the gloop that comes in a plastic bottle
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (16-02-19), Cleargreen (15-02-19), GEORGE (15-02-19), Valentina (01-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Cheers man deffo will give it a try. I think people care way too much about the outside of their body than the inside. Course we all want to look good but I also want to try be healthy. Seen a documentary the other day of someone who I'd known about in their younger days. I watched it expecting it to be about that but was him as an old man. One of the saddest things I've watched. Not because so much of it was sad but because what I'd told myself in my head to expect. His mind still seemed young at times but he was old n couldn't get about. Happens to all of us I know but everyone thinks they are invincible when young. I'm sure is always better ways of eating and doing things. I'm just gonna try have a go and be aware of it at least. Once I've got a chicken marinade I like I feel diet wise I'm sorted, all fits my macros and I enjoy eating it but better yet I feel better for eating it. Can't wait for summer to be out on the bike again, was a proper Buzz improving on that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    buy a good quality olive oil, crush a head of garlic, few sprigs of tyme n rosemary some chilis, decant a few glugs out n shove the lot in, leave for a few weeks n then use either as a dressing or a marinade. i do several 1lt bottles at a time all different herbs n spice mixes. so much nicer than the gloop that comes in a plastic bottle
    That sounds ah-MAYZ-ing!!!
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-19)

Thanks

I’ve decided to go vegan again. I watched a vid on halal slaughter houses and it’s left me traumatised, I’ve ordered a juicer and water distiller and will be in a raw juice diet from Monday

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), redisiel (02-03-19), Valentina (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bin man View Post
    I’ve decided to go vegan again. I watched a vid ... left me traumatised...
    Funny, I am kinda on the same boat. Went vegan for a bit before but my insides could not hack it, gone back on meats but recently some bacon really turned my stomach some how, so much so that now when I see meat, I see dead animals. So I have been fruitarian for nearly 2 weeks now, with a few 24-hour fasts here and there. But the fruit sugars is bumping me out of keto and I am trying very hard to shed fat. Just picked up some celery tonight as well as some nuts and gonna stir fry those for the next day or two and see how my body handles it. Weird how I have lived in this body for a few decades, and it just seems to have a mind of its own. Yeah, enteric nervous system yada yada.
    Last edited by Valentina; 02-03-19 at 01:19 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Bin man (02-03-19), Cleargreen (02-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), Priapus (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Currently trying to totally convert my life. I used to have a very active job, but when i left (and my dog died) i put on a LOT of weight. my diet has been awful-loads of takeaways, ice cream etc. i dont excersise enough, i smoke...And now im over 30 . Ive always had no willpower, which has gotten me in trouble before with substance abuse.

Got a pain in my chest last week and freaked out. Started walking, stopped smoking (except for a joint or two) stopped eating crap (mostly )

I realise now how stupid ive been and how i have shortened my life. Started seeing my body like a house i own. If i built a house, i would try to protect it. Not deliberately try to ensure it gets damp and rot and termites etc. Which is what i have basically been doing to my body.

Turns out the chest pain is an infection. Had very bad case of pneumonia before, so i definitely should not ever be smoking.

Here's to hoping i can stick with this..

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), Valentina (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Best of luck mate, after a while you feel good for taking care of your body. Nothing wrong with the occasional treat though either.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), Priapus (02-03-19), Valentina (02-03-19)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8