Thanks

Default Deficiency

Northern lights photo
    Growing in soil, canna Terra
    3 weeks into flower 30lt pot
    Using foxfarm nutes
    Led invisiblesun light 130w
    Rh 40-45% temps 20-23

My fan leaves are falling off, they're going a very pale green not entirely yellow little brown on the edges and just falling off or coming off with the slightest touch, starting from bottom moving up, upper stems are reddish purple, she's 3weeks into flower and seems to still be making progress but I'm getting 4+ leaves falling off a day.

I assume it's a deficiency of nitrogen or phosphorus or both not sure, I've fed 4litres of water with 1/2 tsp big bloom, big grow and tiger bloom, I'm thinking just steadily giving nutes is going to fix her issue? I've been approaching with less is more for watering and nutes seems I gave too little?

Help please

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-19), JB (10-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

They look so lush and perfect! Losing a few leaves off the bottom and center is nothing to worry about imo. It is odd that they are falling off before they fully yellow. For me, they remain snug until fully depleted. Perhaps there is something wrong.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), Greengrass (21-01-19), insushin (19-01-19), JB (10-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Just my humble opinion, you will have too much popcorn. I would remove more lower budsites. It does seem to help increase the size of the tops by diverting the unused energy. Led 130w will not have a lot of penetration.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), insushin (19-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    They look so lush and perfect! Losing a few leaves off the bottom and center is nothing to worry about imo. It is odd that they are falling off before they fully yellow. For me, they remain snug until fully depleted. Perhaps there is something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Just my humble opinion, you will have too much popcorn. I would remove more lower budsites. It does seem to help increase the size of the tops by diverting the unused energy. Led 130w will not have a lot of penetration.
    agree with both of those, with so many branches/foliage they don't get enough light and die back since they aren't needed,
    would definitely trim her abit, you want some airflow to stop humidity spikes and the dreaded rot

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-01-19), GEORGE (20-01-19), insushin (20-01-19)

Thanks

Thanks guys, so how do I go about trimming her? do I remove lower branches and upper fan leaves blocking penetration into canopy?
    Shes starting week 4 of flower now is it ok to be trimming? I did do some trimming couple weeks back, didnt want to overdo it as its my first grow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19)

Thanks

remove the lower weaker branches that won't get into full light,
    also those small side shoots coming outta the branches that are down low

fans is totally upto you, she is in great healthy mate, don't overfeed by accident due to a few lower shaded leaves yellowing
    that only causes problems rather than fixing anything

if you don't trim the lower shaded section will die back anyway - removing lower branches makes the upper buds larger
    since they get more food

added---
    just remove a few branches/leaves a day, that was the stress is minimal
    Last edited by MonsterEnergy; 20-01-19 at 12:42 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), insushin (20-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

That looks to me like leaf die off due to lack of light. it's not a bad thing unless every leaf falls away. i bet though all leafs that get a bit of light are solid on the stem. move down a tad and pull gently on a few and they come off right?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), insushin (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Thanks

Yeah seems like thats the case, I did some trimming last night, removed so many off shoots! do some more tonight, try and get some better penetration and remove the popcorn budsites
    My plant is so full its completely filled my small tent so theres no light able to bounce of the mylar to the lower end

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (21-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by insushin View Post
    Yeah seems like thats the case, I did some trimming last night, removed so many off shoots! do some more tonight, try and get some better penetration and remove the popcorn budsites
    My plant is so full its completely filled my small tent so theres no light able to bounce of the mylar to the lower end
    airflow is what you want/need it stops budrot/mold when you hit late flower aswell as better light penetration overall
    u'll get bigger top buds as a reward so your pruning time is well rewarded

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), insushin (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (21-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Thanks

Did some trimming, took off one of the main lower branches and offshoots here and there is it good enough? Definitely roomy down below, I'm not sure what Is considered popcornbudsite from what's left, all the budsites left are on canopy level in the light do I remove the offshoots from these budsites too and only keep the main stems?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (21-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (21-01-19), Valentina (16-03-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast