Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: THC Talk FB page is back!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Just my 2 cents. Hearing the dreaded FB got me para going strong. FB sounds like unwanted attention to me.

I understand the need to bring in more active members. I do not have a better idea to offer.

I commend your efforts and hope it helps.

Hopefully the para fades soon.

Cheers.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GasMan (22-01-19), Gaz (21-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), M_C (22-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Just my 2 cents. Hearing the dreaded FB got me para going strong. FB sounds like unwanted attention to me.

I understand the need to bring in more active members. I do not have a better idea to offer.

I commend your efforts and hope it helps.

Hopefully the para fades soon.

Cheers.
    Have you seen the shit that goes on on Facebook? I've been offered oil three times just today, delivery to any where in the world. Shatter, hash, buds, oil. The fb page isn't new, it's been there for years. They've got much bigger fish to fry

Worst that can happen is they close the page down.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-01-19), GasMan (22-01-19), Gaz (21-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), M_C (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Have you seen the shit that goes on on Facebook? I've been offered oil three times just today, delivery to any where in the world. Shatter, hash, buds, oil. The fb page isn't new, it's been there for years. They've got much bigger fish to fry

Worst that can happen is they close the page down.
    I am sure you are right. And it does reach a lot of people. It could work out well. I don't have any privacy setup so I wont be making a fake page.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I am sure you are right. And it does reach a lot of people. It could work out well. I don't have any privacy setup so I wont be making a fake page.
    No need to mate, it's to bring in new members, not for old ones if you have a fake profile cool. No need to make one really.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

It does not stop when you deny joining the social media. They re in your phone, they listen to you, if you re talking of a specific item frequently, you start to see advertisements about it. If you leave your gps open on a weekend trip, the advertisements start about the near shops and attractions... I have experienced this a few times and now believe it.. And they will do anything for your data, social media is just a joke
    Last edited by JamesJoyce; 22-01-19 at 08:13 AM.
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

GasMan (22-01-19), Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), M_C (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    It does not stop when you deny joining the social media. They re in your phone, they listen to you, if you re talking of a specific item frequently, you start to see advertisements about it. If you leave your gps open on a weekend trip, the advertisements start about the near shops and attractions... I have experienced this a few times and now believe it.. And they will do anything for your data, social media is just a joke
    It doesn’t even need to be frequently mentioned mate, you can mention something once and two hours later it’ll be waiting in your suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), JamesJoyce (22-01-19), M_C (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    this is crazzzzzzzzzy but fukin true! i dont use fb its not my thing but i do have instagram, mad thing is me an mrs were driving talking about creed aftershave think its coz we seen a billboard etc, next thing you know i see adverts on creed in me instagram hahaha, freaky stuff an dam right invading tbh

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), JamesJoyce (22-01-19), kudos (22-01-19), M_C (22-01-19)

Macky Guest

Personally, I don't mind it. I was sceptical at first, but realistically, these companies get your data. And improve your online experience. Waste less time looking for shit, because they already know what you want lol. Any info shared to third parties is anonymous, or at least claimed to be. Lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,881 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Personally, I don't mind it. I was sceptical at first, but realistically, these companies get your data. And improve your online experience. Waste less time looking for shit, because they already know what you want lol. Any info shared to third parties is anonymous, or at least claimed to be. Lol
    As you can see Macky... facebook knows fuck all about me & is struggling to 'improve my online expeience'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (22-01-19), Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), lipnobody (03-02-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    As you can see Macky... facebook knows fuck all about me & is struggling to 'improve my online expeience'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    You watch black mirror MC?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast