Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Help with these troublesome ladies!!

Thanks

Mate just feed them the soil will buffer it for you, no need to worry about ph in soil, feed every other watering and with plain water in between and you’ll be fine, are you you using hard or soft water ? If you can’t get an ec pen and your in a hard water area just feed half the max dose on the bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgrow View Post
    Was your ph high as well then mate?
    I always thought if it was too high it could caused some lock out??

Earlier when mixing for my 4 baby photo plants I used 2.5ml rhizo per litre and 0.5ml bio silicon per litre and it took my ph to 9.5.
    Would the soil still filter that you think?

Yes mate she will buffer the ph to where needs to be. unless you have an issue that looks ph related i would'nt mess with it. My tap water is around 7.2 @ 18c and when i add rhizo (should be 4 mls btw) it goes to around 9.2 ish. Personally mate i would throw the acid away so you are not tempted. Tbh there is a few things to avoid which will aid in having an equilibrium within the root zone. 1) don't over feed. 2) don't let the humidity get too low / high. If you should over fert then this is fixed by simply flushing. I usually follow a flush out with a bene like great white shark. this will help the flora in the pot to re establish should any be washed out.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Yes mate she will buffer the ph to where needs to be. unless you have an issue that looks ph related i would'nt mess with it. My tap water is around 7.2 @ 18c and when i add rhizo (should be 4 mls btw) it goes to around 9.2 ish. Personally mate i would throw the acid away so you are not tempted. Tbh there is a few things to avoid which will aid in having an equilibrium within the root zone. 1) don't over feed. 2) don't let the humidity get too low / high. If you should over fert then this is fixed by simply flushing. I usually follow a flush out with a bene like great white shark. this will help the flora in the pot to re establish should any be washed out.
    Why not use the acid if hes using minerals salts mate?

Im not being a dick I just want to understand mate.

Why put inputs in that are way out of balance and force the soil to use its resources to buffer the pH?

Initial pH is a variable in buffer capacity so surely having an input at a reasonably safe pH is preferential? Particularly in a non organic soil grow? Its not like you are relying on the soil to feed the plant as you are feeding the roots directly? So what harm is the acid?
    Last edited by Gaz; 24-01-19 at 03:08 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Why not use the acid if hes using minerals salts mate?

Im not being a dick I just want to understand mate.

Why put inputs in that are way out of balance and force the soil to use its resources to buffer the pH?

Initial pH is a variable in buffer capacity so surely having an input at a reasonably safe pH is preferential? Particularly in a non organic soil grow? Its not like you are relying on the soil to feed the plant as you are feeding the roots directly? So what harm is the acid?
    That’s something that got me thinking as well mate.

What’s more beneficial in the long run removing the acid from the mix and feeding at a higher ph allowing the soil to the work or using the acid and feed at a lower ph so putting less strain on the soil?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

Gaz (24-01-19), GEORGE (24-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgrow View Post
    That’s something that got me thinking as well mate.

What’s more beneficial in the long run removing the acid from the mix and feeding at a higher ph allowing the soil to the work or using the acid and feed at a lower ph so putting less strain on the soil?

I think the general school of thought is you.dont need to pH soil coz it buffers which is 100% true and in many many many growers here would agree with Toby 100%

Im trying to understand the principles behind the general consensus and that becomes a very grey area very quickly. I am just learning and the only way you learn is by challenging the evidence and critical thought. Or at least I do.

Honestly Welshgrow Toby is a respected user and has plenty of results to back him up and I have none......... Yet

I am not trying to discredit this school of thinking, I am trying to expand it and see what I find.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Bin man (25-01-19), GasMan (24-01-19), GEORGE (25-01-19), Welshgrow (25-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Just let the soil do it’s thing bro. If it comes good then your on to a winner. Diolch yn fawr!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Bin man (25-01-19), Gaz (24-01-19), GEORGE (25-01-19), Welshgrow (25-01-19)

Thanks

Default Help with these troublesome ladies!!

Just want to say thanks to all that helped here!!
    My bio water arrived after so gave the girls a good drenching increased the feed a bit and after a few as they seem to be doing lot better.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-19), Gaz (25-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6