Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ec pen

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I always leave my EC and pH pens in my groom because of this ( Vs the outside cold temp) Readings go way off and the sensor goes slow

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (22-01-19), GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (22-01-19), Trex (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Pen seems to have had it I'm afraid. I gave them a feed and just ignored the reading. Lol felt bit risky but I've given them 4ml per litre and plants look good for it. Done just that 4ml per litre. I am going to just go buy a new pen tomorrow as I need some nutes anyway. I reckon I could stay at 4ml per litre and get away with that the entire grow if they started looking bit pale I could always up it too 4.2-4.5 but tbh they look a lovely shade at the moment n think they'd be fine whole way through.

Is it worth me noting down how much 1ml of a and b per a litre adds? Just so if I ever have a pen break in the future I have an idea of what I'm adding? My background ec I don't count anyway and is always the same. Thinking with the new pen get myself adding 1ml seeing what it adds just so can always sort of work it out. Kind of like now tbh and how I know 4ml is seeing them have a lovely shade of green.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (22-01-19), Trex (22-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I always leave my EC and pH pens in my groom because of this ( Vs the outside cold temp) Readings go way off and the sensor goes slow

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit
    Yeah I'm gonna bring the ph pen into my bedroom tbh. Thank god that's not had it as couldn't carry on without that. Hopefully ain't jinxed it lol . Am also going to put the ec fluid on top of my grow light like have it sitting on the shade. Just to really warm it up and then try calibrate again. I'm sure though the pens just had it for some strange reason.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Pen seems to have had it I'm afraid. I gave them a feed and just ignored the reading. Lol felt bit risky but I've given them 4ml per litre and plants look good for it. Done just that 4ml per litre. I am going to just go buy a new pen tomorrow as I need some nutes anyway. I reckon I could stay at 4ml per litre and get away with that the entire grow if they started looking bit pale I could always up it too 4.2-4.5 but tbh they look a lovely shade at the moment n think they'd be fine whole way through.

Is it worth me noting down how much 1ml of a and b per a litre adds? Just so if I ever have a pen break in the future I have an idea of what I'm adding? My background ec I don't count anyway and is always the same. Thinking with the new pen get myself adding 1ml seeing what it adds just so can always sort of work it out. Kind of like now tbh and how I know 4ml is seeing them have a lovely shade of green.
    When it gets slow . Change the batteries and clean the probes .

If stainless probes . The salts coat it without even seeing it . I just thought mine was kaput because of this . A soft toothbrush in mild soap scub and fresh batts and should be good bro

If carbon probes on better u its . Do same but salts dont usaly affect these . Clean and hope for the best

Also check the batteries contact plates often enough they corrod . A simple 1000 grit sandpaper rubbed a bit will fix them . Then clean with electrical contact cleaner or a non conductive non corrosive auto rust preventer of sorts .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

lol can't lie this shit has got me questioning now if I was giving 4ml. I fucking swear I did though but will see tomorrow if they are burnt or not. I should have just done the 3ml to have been on the safe side. Was so confident I gave mine 4ml per litre though then best mate says he is giving his 3ml ffs. Just gonna buy a new pen tomorrow anyway so will be bang then. Am gonna be bit gutted if they are burnt though. If they are hopefully it won't be too bad man.

Is it worth making a note how much of an increase each ml adds per litre? Just for future reference.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    No .most instruments are made to check @25°C . Some have ATC auto temp compensation .

Most peep dont know this .but if they set their water at lets say .6 @16 ° .when ya let it sit til it getz to 19/20 C . It may very well be .7-.8 and the ph gets thrown off too .
    Yall got to keep that in mind also when calibrating . All fluids are made to calibrate at 25°C . If your water aint at 25C . There are charts to make up the differencez and im sure alot of peeps make this mistake and end up skewing there plants at some point

Example is this chart written on my E.C calibration fluid . Can make one hell of a diff
    i had the same pen bazil used essential ec/ph pens

ESSENTIALS EC Meter gives direct accurate readings of nutrient solution and is very helpful in mixing nutrient concentrate with water.
    All readings are automatically temperature compensated.
    easy-to-use as you can just dip the sensor into the test solution - stir and wait.
    energy saving feature shuts off the tester when it is not in use.
    Even if the tester is accidentally dropped into the water it will remain afloat.

just as you say trex if it's not at the correct temp it'll sqew the reading big time,

might be worth posting that again Trex and making it a sticky, i bet a few have tripped over that problem,
    great bit of info also!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), Trex (23-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    lol can't lie this shit has got me questioning now if I was giving 4ml. I fucking swear I did though but will see tomorrow if they are burnt or not. I should have just done the 3ml to have been on the safe side. Was so confident I gave mine 4ml per litre though then best mate says he is giving his 3ml ffs. Just gonna buy a new pen tomorrow anyway so will be bang then. Am gonna be bit gutted if they are burnt though. If they are hopefully it won't be too bad man.

Is it worth making a note how much of an increase each ml adds per litre? Just for future reference.
    i would add 1ml and check it, that way you know the increase with each drop!
    nice idea bazil matey

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (23-01-19), GEORGE (23-01-19)

Thanks

This time of year it gets bloody cold. Test solutions are cold, I can sit the solution on top of the lights shade though and it warms up. That's alright to do ain't it? Tbh I will see tomorrow if the ones I gave 4ml are burnt if not then I know 4ml is fine. If they are ill drop to 3ml. I'm sure I was giving 4 but its killing me now I've stared to doubt myself lol.

I can't for the life of me work out why this essential pen currently isn't working? Part of what made me want to buy it was the fact I can calibrate it and feel like its just all started again.
    Should I just be rinsing clean then putting the lid on the pen? That's what I've been doing. Is it better to fill the lid with water so the probe stays wet? I'm using it daily though so aint like being left n just drying out.

With the new pen I'm gonna add 1ml to a litre and see what it increases. Should then really be able to grow in the future even without a pen. Will piss me off to see burnt leaves when everything currently looks such a lovely shade of green. Makes me laugh my mate doesn't give a fuck for his pen compare to me n still lasts longer than mine lol.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Trex (23-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Yes . Even my e.c meter with atc . I always make sure the calibration solution is at 25°C for calibration . Because i knkw for a fact when i calibrated it at 19C the reading wasnt the same at 25C . Instead of 1.4 e.c i got 1.8 .

So i came to the conclusion while calibration ATC meters that it doesnt auto correct while.calibratin.

Its a mind fuck .

Ill post a thread on that when i hit the laptop

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (23-01-19), GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Makes sense what's said about calibration temps. Suppose I will have to buy a thermometer for it?

Here's my dilemma lol..so I bought a bluelab stick...gets home and test it in the solution and both that and the essentials are reading the same? Lol. So it ain't broke? Here is the dilemma though...I was giving 4ml and that was telling me it was 1.2ec now though both pens showing 3ml as 1.3ec lol . Remember last night I gave some a feed of 4ml as I was sure I'd been giving that? None of those plants are looking burnt?

So do I just think fuck it and ignore the pens and carry on with 4ml which they've got and hasn't burnt them and looks good? Or go by the pens reading and just give 3ml?

Lol feel like I wasted money but better safe than sorry and it is what it is init

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast