Thread: Rusting Week 1 with LED's

Thanks

Default Rusting Week 1 with LED's

Hi, 2 of my 6 are affected by this. But I can see signs of the others starting (tiny rust spots up close) and kind of wrinkled leaves. This part is hard to explain, the leaves aren't drooping or clawing. They are just kinds creasing and folding up/down in random directions - i was thinking this part may be light stress? The leaves also feel pretty thick and leathery.

I was also thinking the rust spots could be mag deficiency as I'm using LED's but I'm also thinking they are way too young for that? Am I wrong?

Soil or hydro or coco: Soil

Strain: 1 x Samsquanch, 1 x Blackberry Kush

Photo or Auto: Auto's

plant age: 1 week

pot size: 11L & 12.5L (airpots)

has it been repotted? and when?: No

soil type: Canna terra Pro

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: Only fed once so far, last feed I gave them 1ml per 1.25L (Growers Ark - Grow). But I only watered 500ml as I wanted the roots to go looking for it. The time I watered before that, I gave a full 1.25L of plain water with some root tonic in it. But it took a while to dry out as the plants are small, so that's why I gave 500ml this last time. But now I'm thinking maybe I've created some dry spots in my soil by not watering as much this time round? I didn't get any run off but I didn't mind as there wouldn't have been any build up of salts etc yet.

Air temps (max min): 22-30 - I've got an oil heater in there, it's new for this LED grow so I've been playing with the thermostat a bit, incase temps had risen too high and dryed these affected plants out

Res temps (max min): Unknown, left to de-chlorinate at room temp (in uncapped bottles)

humidity: 50

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 2x LED 3000k Invisible Sun 300w driver, 301b diodes. (I started on 80w per panel, cranked them up to 140w and lowered the distance when i got some serious stretch from the seedlings. I've been playing with the height ever since but also dropped them to 120w last night incase this was some sort of light stress)

Light schedule: 24h

ph level: Not tested Yet

anything else you think may be relevant!

I don't think it's nute burn but I could be wrong. And I've checked the underside of the leaves for mites - unless they're microscopic and I can't see them, they ain't there!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (22-01-19)

Thanks

I can't edit the post. So here's an update.

Ok so my hygrometer was directly on top of the soil when it read 50 (its just a small reptile one). So I put it on top of the LED panel for 5 minutes, to try and get a more ambient reading - and it dropped below 20!! I don't know which is the most accurate reading for my plants but I've gave them a quick foliar spray none the less

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

1 week old so not mg deficiency especially in soil,
    probably light stress but can't say with just info, could be nutrient rich soil, over/under watering/humidity etc etc etc
    really need a visual reference mate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), stonerose (22-01-19)

Thanks

Alright, these are the best I could get. My camera really didn't want to focus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4538.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	369388
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4528.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	369389

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

that's fine mate, soils a little strong for them at such a young age, light was a little close/strong also
    they'll grow fine as they establish more roots and harden to such direct light mate

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), joker_the_smoker (22-01-19), stonerose (22-01-19)

Thanks

Alright thanks man. It's just not a problem I've seen before when vegging under MH. So I thought I'd better ask before it goes too far!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stonerose For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19)