Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 541 Posts

Small update

Got some 2” waste and a few fittings....crazy how much the price bumps up when you want a sized not used to much in day to day stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (12-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 541 Posts

Rite guys I’m just reading bits and bobs online and wanted to ask about ph fluctuations...

So say I check the epicentre and the ph has gone up, what’s the best way of sorting it out? Like if I just tried doing it in the epicentre then it’s just going to get dragged straight to the first pot isn’t it ?

Is the fluctuations that bad in rdwc or does the flow of the water with the pump stop it a bit when you have all these air stones giving oxygen out ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    So quick question to see if anyone can answer, is it more efficient to have the epicentre/res for the buckets in the tent and then have a desperate res outside the tent to top up the main res?

If so would you put one of them float valves so when it gets too lit it fills back up?

dont see why not lad, go for it, just dont flood ur house
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (13-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Rite guys I’m just reading bits and bobs online and wanted to ask about ph fluctuations...

So say I check the epicentre and the ph has gone up, what’s the best way of sorting it out? Like if I just tried doing it in the epicentre then it’s just going to get dragged straight to the first pot isn’t it ?

Is the fluctuations that bad in rdwc or does the flow of the water with the pump stop it a bit when you have all these air stones giving oxygen out ?

My advise would be don't use silicon to ph up as the plants consume it and you are back to square one. Personally I have dropped silicon as as it messes your ph all over the place.

I know you're not supposed to but I do adjust ph and nutrient strength directly into the epicenter. Just mix it with some water and add VERY SLOWLY so it has a chance ti filter gradually through the system maybe take 4-5 minutes to add 2 litres. That's how I do it but not saying it is how it should be done. Ideally add it through your feed tank if you are not to far out of wack.

At first I was just chucking it in (my smaller veg system) and i did notice the first plants in the system line had what I considered to be slightly burned roots.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (13-02-19), tom222 (13-02-19), TomKing (14-02-19)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7