Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Thanks for this toblue, I’ve always heard good things about the silver bullet when I’ve been in the grow shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Silver Bullet didn't work for me, but that's not saying it doesn't. I think I burned the roots and let the rot in. The silver Bullet didn't stop the rot though.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

A tip for using uniseals soak them in boiling water for a few minutes then use washing up liquid as a lubricant. You also want a double chamfer on your pipe work just use a hand grinder.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (28-01-19), GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Ha ha yeah I get what you mean matey, I love a good build and pretty capable wit this kind of thing which helps. Uniseals are great to work with and with it not being a pressurised type of system there is no chance of any leaks with a snug fit in the seals.

Long as you take your time and just plan how it goes and dry it it all then you got the best chance of making it all work.

You have inspired me dude, think I’m gonna attempt to make my own dwc vegging system. It’s literally just a bucket with 6 holes. However all the premade ones don’t come with a drain valve for changing reservoir each week and also no inlet or outlets to attach a chiller. So gonna give the diy a go after our wee chat yesterday. I’m thinking I can just drill the two holes for the chiller pipes it’s easy and cutting the holes in the lid for the net pots. It’s the drain tap think that will be the hard bit I reckon. I seen these online mate is this the sort of thing I’m looking for? And I can just drill the hole at the bottom of the bucket and attach a hose to this when it’s empty time. What u think mate Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	369574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	369575

6. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    You have inspired me dude, think I’m gonna attempt to make my own dwc vegging system. It’s literally just a bucket with 6 holes. However all the premade ones don’t come with a drain valve for changing reservoir each week and also no inlet or outlets to attach a chiller. So gonna give the diy a go after our wee chat yesterday. I’m thinking I can just drill the two holes for the chiller pipes it’s easy and cutting the holes in the lid for the net pots. It’s the drain tap think that will be the hard bit I reckon. I seen these online mate is this the sort of thing I’m looking for? And I can just drill the hole at the bottom of the bucket and attach a hose to this when it’s empty time. What u think mate Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	369574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	369575

I’m not fully sure on what’s the best fittings matey, as for drainage if you got multiple you could just pump it all out through the return pipe. Before the pipe goes back into the main header tank have some shut off valves and then just pump from the buckets away

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-01-19), GEORGE (29-01-19), weedjunkie420 (28-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Building systems is fun, I find that i can customize it to my growing space. Problem is the system can produce monsters. Were i would grow 4 plants before 2 will do. I will grow 4 but the attention soon switches to 2 of the better plants. this is in a 1.5m x 1.2 m closet. And this one plant filled half of it.
    Good luck on your venture!

I used 20L pails and 5/8 flexible hose connected to a tub 40L tub for a rez .all changes i just pump to waste till system is empty. And to refill i have a Industrial garbage bin. That i premix ahead of time. I have 6 buckets only 4 are plumbed into system. The other 2 are freestanding. I grow 2 plants in each till they need the big system. Total capacity is about 80L. I dont have a chiller so the buckets are topped with 2” rigid foam to help with cooling. I also run a larger air conditioner in the room and use a fan to direct the air cooling the rez under the foam. Works well for me. I have had the system for years. I was building another but last year was unkind when it came to free time.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-01-19), Done420 (28-01-19), GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

I built my own 8 plant system a couple of years ago, would never go back to anything else now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sys.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	369595

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smiffy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

Default From coco to RDWC

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I built my own 8 plant system a couple of years ago, would never go back to anything else now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sys.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	369595
    Like it smiffy, want numbers do you pull ?

Last edited by Done420; 29-01-19 at 11:56 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

60/70s. Summer they suffer in the low 60 range due to the heat.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Smiffy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    60/70s. Summer they suffer in the low 60 range due to the heat.
    Sorry mate I meant in weight

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

yeah so did I Oz mate

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Smiffy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast