Thread: Adding neem fert to coco

GreenBalls Guest

Default Adding neem fert to coco

Hi folks,
    I've read a couple of threads where people have added a handful of Neem fertilizer powder to their soil, and "never saw gnats again".
    It sounds like it could help me and work as a preventative, a handful in a pot doesn't seem much, so it's not expensive either.
    And much easier than making a neem oil mix.

The neem fert is advertised and sold for it's anti-pest properties.

Sounds perfect, except I use coco coir!

The neem powder contains NpK, so I guess it's the same as adding a handful of compost to coco?
    I'd like to know if this is a good or bad idea.

I assume I'd have to adjust my feed, to compensate for the extra npk in the coco... how would I know how much my ppm needs to change?
    Or, would a handful of the fertiliser in 15l of coco be a negligible amount of NPK?

Thanks!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-01-19), G' (29-01-19), GEORGE (28-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I've heard it's a good organic fertilizer but never used it but wouldn't mind trying it as a preventative i'm a soil grower so not sure if it would be suitable for coco, i'm sure one of the coco guys will be along to input on this, all the best bro'. G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

British green (31-01-19), CityDweller (29-01-19), GEORGE (31-01-19)

GreenBalls Guest

Cheers G,
    Kinda wish I started growing in soil instead of jumping to coco, so I had some more basic knowledge!

I might just try a handful in one pot and slowly work up feed strength etc, see how it goes.

I'm wondering, in the soil world, is a 'handful' a significant amount of fertiliser to add, so say 15l?
    The stats are
    Nitrogen : Min 4%
    Phosphorus :Min 1.5%
    Potassium :Min 1.5%

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

G' (31-01-19), GEORGE (31-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Cheers G,
    Kinda wish I started growing in soil instead of jumping to coco, so I had some more basic knowledge!

I might just try a handful in one pot and slowly work up feed strength etc, see how it goes.

I'm wondering, in the soil world, is a 'handful' a significant amount of fertiliser to add, so say 15l?
    The stats are
    Nitrogen : Min 4%
    Phosphorus :Min 1.5%
    Potassium :Min 1.5%
    How do brother having not used it i'm not sure at all mukka though i suspect a handful might be a little to much, is there no recommended dosage on the packet, i always give well under the recommended dosage anyway, it's good to experiment just be careful mate, sorry i can't be of more help, all the best brother, G'.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-19)

GreenBalls Guest

Nice one G,
    Will probably leave it.
    Cheers