Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attempt at stopping blockages RDWC 25mm pipe work

Thanks

Default Answered: Attempt at stopping blockages RDWC 25mm pipe work

So troops bit of an usually one for you all which I would greatly appreciate some advice or even brainstorming together.

So I am currently on my third grow using IWS RDWC 4 pot system. And every grow at least 3 or 4 times my pipes have got blocked from the roots. And I have to get my hand in there to remove the blockage and damage roots or break the plant above on the scrog net. I have done a number of things, from turning the net pots right up until the scrog goes up. Tried more air stones bigger air pump, tried to even cover the hole with a air stone. And still every time the system will block.

So iv been thinking if I could maybe put a breathable barrier that won’t stop the solution moving freely but will also keep the roots in the pot.

I have found these. They are breathable hydroponic containers. I was thinking if I cut one in half to fit the bottom half of my Oxypot so that the root mass will rest inside this container. The two issues I will face which I would like your opinion on. Is wether the water and nutrient solution will flow freely through the container and round the system? And will this container build up with salts or nutrient solution affecting my ec and ph. The containers are made from recycled plastic bottles so not a fabric type material.

I’m just trying to think of some solution that will enable me to get 1 or 2 more grows out of this system before I upgrade without the hassle of blockages faced throughout

I’m looking to add another two pots to my system making it a 6 pot system so having not to deal with the blockage issue would be unreal lol

Thanks again troops Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	369607

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "25mm is quite small . I do 1.5"min to 2" . A baffle can help stop roots from clogging . .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

25mm is quite small . I do 1.5"min to 2" . A baffle can help stop roots from clogging . .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19), weedjunkie420 (29-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

As Trex says 25mm is to small. I can only suggest root trimming maybe a week before you flip 3" above your pipe work. The roots will still grow a bit during the stretch.

I have trimmed the roots throughout, veg it is just like topping your plants.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19), weedjunkie420 (29-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    25mm is quite small . I do 1.5"min to 2" . A baffle can help stop roots from clogging . .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Wayyyy to all mate, don’t know how they still sell the 25mm connections and pipe work knowing it’s too small lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

gardro (29-01-19), GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    As Trex says 25mm is to small. I can only suggest root trimming maybe a week before you flip 3" above your pipe work. The roots will still grow a bit during the stretch.

I have trimmed the roots throughout, veg it is just like topping your plants.
    It’s the getting in to trim them mate, once they get past a certain stage I can barely get near the pots. Was thinking if that breathable plastic container thing could contain the roots but still allow the solution to travel round the system ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Keep spinning the pots around till they ball up, they soon start growing into the root ball and not trying to chase the water down the pipes, they will fill the area available and condense, but 25mm is tiny ! I had 2 meter roots chasing down my pipework with 3 " pipes when i did rdwc.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), weedjunkie420 (05-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Default Attempt at stopping blockages RDWC 25mm pipe work

I spin my plants 1/4 turn daily,i have 19mm in the sytem i have used in the past with no blockages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

i seem to recall a talker using copper wire or tape in his pipes,plant roots shy away from copper i think.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Attempt at stopping blockages RDWC 25mm pipe work

You can buy copper discs mate. They come in 2 sizes up to 170mm. Although they for iws system im sure they are universal.
    Have you seen them..?

Im about to buy a flood and drain iws pro with 25mm pipe but shit i dont wanna get roots stuck in pipes.

Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Them copper disks are used in the autopot system aswell. They work pretty decent aswell tbh. Sure it would be adapted to fit
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (05-02-19), weedjunkie420 (05-02-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast