Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some help with condensation on my windows

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Best is to get a dryer vent type terminal or roof top vent . Last and Worst things ya want is to exit a window dead giveaway bud .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Apologies for the noob question but would this then be fitted to the actual roof where the tiles etc are? is this something you can DIY or do I need a professional? i do have a friend with a roofing firm to be fair

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thcvaper51 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-19), tom222 (31-01-19), Trex (01-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Thcvaper51 View Post

Apologies for the noob question but would this then be fitted to the actual roof where the tiles etc are? is this something you can DIY or do I need a professional? i do have a friend with a roofing firm to be fair
    Roofing clay tiles ?
    Ive never worked on those . Im from Canada and we dont have that here tbh .

You can exit the soffit . There are dryer terminals for that also .
    The more profesional it looks . The less likely people will notice . Its whe folk do shitty shoddy work that stands out like a sore thumb is when people notice .

Do you have an old chimney that is not in use ? Thats what i use in very hot summer minths . In winter fall and spring i vent in my house . Saves me mega on heating bills . I have forced air furnace that circulates the humidty throughout the house and keeps a nice 40-50% rh througbout winter . Makes the skin less crackly

Go to a quality Mom n Pop hardware store . They will line you up well with a good product

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-19), lipnobody (02-02-19), M_C (02-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thcvaper51 View Post

I work on a lot of new builds, a lot of them already have a tile vent on the roof that goes to the soil stack? Hopefully you have saves you any hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Vent to outside of house, roof if possible I use the chimney ( even better because it draws )

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

British green (02-02-19), GEORGE (02-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I Spy, at one point, suggested I use a gas exhaust through the tiles... not quite sure what its correct name is though
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Been wondering the same. Thinking ima just cut a hole in bedroom ceiling and extract into the loft. I guess I'll venture up there this weekend and see if there's an easy way to extract out of the loft too. Small loft though :|

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Without actually exiting the roof. Best place in the attic to vent to is right into the apex but outlet facing downwards, moisture will evaporate before it hits the ceiling/insulation below, a tumble drier condensate trap would also work but shouldn't be needed if apex is high enough.

Chimney stack is ok too as long as not connected to an appliance, not usually applicable to new builds though

Waste stack is ok as long as open vented and not internal (AAV) air admittance valve, which again new builds tend to have otherwise you will have other issues

Eaves, not a good idea really and deffo not to remove any bricks to gain better exit

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Silkadin (03-02-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2