Thread: Anyone on these new bluetooth smart meters from you electric company?

Thanks

Default Anyone on these new bluetooth smart meters from you electric company?

I been offered one. Seem whole lot simpler and it will give me an exact reading, so I can judge what each grow item uses.
    I'm just a bit paranoid of new techonology and especially companies. Am I more at risk of them fukers detecting me through my energy usage compared to oldskool meters? I'm siphoning leccy from next door or nothing...
    Have a look at my 250w Growdrobe---> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...owdrobe-please

Here's my new diary. Please pop in and help me out--> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069912633

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackman For This Useful Post:

G' (03-02-19), GEORGE (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

I won't be having one until I am forced too......
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (03-02-19), GEORGE (03-02-19), Trex (04-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I've had one for a couple of year now brother i didn't have one when i started growing and the transition made no difference, as you say you can keep tabs on exactly what you use, everyone has to have them by 2020 so i would say might as well go for it the now, all the best, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (06-02-19), GEORGE (03-02-19), Jackman (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

I had mine through scottish power and was a complete waste of time. Most companies are still rolling out the 1st gen of them and you may as well just roll a nice to give you a more accurate bill reading.

The 2020 dead line is just for the companies offering you one, you dont have to have them if you dont want to

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,162 Times

Iv got the smart meters in didn't make much difference but I havent started my grow yet... The meters are in the garage where my tent will be living...they send automatic readings to the leccy company so at least I won't need to avoid the meter reading bloke haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tavish For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-02-19), Trex (04-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I swear since they installed theze fawkin thing my hydro bills have gone up 5-10% .

Best to avoid them when possible .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-02-19)