Thread: Hole in house-fire roof... normal or suspicious?

GreenBalls Guest

Default Hole in house-fire roof... normal or suspicious?

I know it's not the nicest topic to bring up...

Last night I ate a whole 20 box of burger king cheese bites to myself. The resulting dream I had about my old school catching fire was probably the most intense, long and vivid dream i've ever had!

So when I woke up I felt compelled to check the news for fire stories ... there's yesterday's Paris flats fire, an automated Ocado factory in Hampshire, a Chinese takeaway somewhere...
    And then this sad, tragic house fire, quite close to me.

The images show a big hole in the roof.
    I'm interested as to whether or not this looks grow related?
    Or would it just be normal for a roof to collapse this way?

The chief fireman said "At this time I cannot comment further on the likely cause."
    The police said "A search at the property in Sycamore Lane is ongoing" .
    And lastly, the emergency call was made at 2:40 which we will all recognise as an anagram of 4:20.
    (Ok this isn't a thing to joke about sorry, and I totally feel for this family)

What do you reckon?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...fire-stafford/
    Last edited by GreenBalls; 06-02-19 at 04:41 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-02-19), G' (06-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19), Ginger-bud (06-02-19), MonsterEnergy (06-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Looks (from the limited pics) that the fire possibly started in the upstairs (righthand side) bedroom.... but not enough info to say for definite...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-02-19), G' (06-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19), MonsterEnergy (06-02-19)

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Looks (from the limited pics) that the fire possibly started in the upstairs (righthand side) bedroom.... but not enough info to say for definite...
    Yeah. I hope you're right

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-02-19), G' (06-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19), MonsterEnergy (06-02-19), M_C (06-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Fucking tragic what happened the other day ain't it. I flicked on the news and saw the story about four kids who was killed in a fire. When younger I could watch that sort of news and course think its bad but not be moved by it. Now I'm older in my 20s I feel different about it. Just more aware I suppose of how young they really are and think about how scared they must have been. Heart breaking stuff man, only two things I find it easy to be emotional over, kids and animals.

We had a family friend who done the unthinkable years ago. Was a good man, had his own roofing firm and would do old people's roof repairs for nothing. Saved two people's life's when they was in a car crash and it was on fire, managed to get them out. Anyway his wife had an affair and left him for a woman....

My mum was babysitting his son and he was staying at our house the night. So the dad pops round and asks the boy if he wants to come stay with him but the son kicks up a fuss saying he wants to stay with me. The daughter who was staying with the dad that night. She told my mum "tomorrow my dad's taking us somewhere special" when my mum asked where, she replied saying its a surprise. He gave my mum 1000 quid and told her to put it towards the new sofa she'd been banging on about wanting. My mum tried to refuse it but he picked up the daughter n let the money on the side on his way out. You can guess what happened....he blocked the doors to stop the firemen being able to get in. Later that night he drugged his daughter and then set fire to the house. She must have woke up though because she was found near the door away from her bed. He survived and had armed police at his hospital bed. No one went to visit him apart from the ex wife. She took a photo up of their daughter and sat it on his bedside table. He was awake but badly burnt ears melted ect. He ended up dying 3 days later himself and the ex wife came to our house saying how she wants to throw a party. Was the start of her break down and she ended up being sectioned. She got out but just took her son and moved away and no one has seen her in years. Can't imagine what was going through the blokes head to do that. Killing himself would have been one thing but to kill his own daughter and was trying to get the son too. Fucking mental.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-02-19), G' (06-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19), MonsterEnergy (06-02-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

damn bazil, that's crazy mate, totally agree if he wants to end his own life that's his life so his option
    but not innocent children lives, no one has the right to take anothers life unless it's in self defense

definitely some sick people about, poor kids

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (07-02-19), CityDweller (07-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

This is why I stopped eating cheese after 10pm

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Looking at that pic, its highly possible its grow related...more likely though, started in upstairs bedroom and spread through the roof space due to air vents in the roof over bathroom and/or the usual shite people pile around the loft hatch (which would be in that area on the left where most of the damage is...bathroom below)

Timber on that type/age of roof would be dry and not protected, likelyhood of ducting from extractor fan melting too would give fire another oxygen supply and in the limited space of that roof, it would have got extremely hot and fierce very quick...hence amount of damage in short space of time, once roof tiles began to break...fire would be out of control in minutes.

Very sad indeed...it happens all too often though...people underestimate how easy fires can start and spread

Be safe people...change the batteries in that smoke alarm thats been beeping for months

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (07-02-19), CityDweller (07-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19), M_C (12-02-19), tom222 (06-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    damn bazil, that's crazy mate, totally agree if he wants to end his own life that's his life so his option
    but not innocent children lives, no one has the right to take anothers life unless it's in self defense

definitely some sick people about, poor kids
    Thing is before this though he wasn't just your "nice bloke" because he was a mate. He used to do untold stuff for people, helping them out in ways for free and would never do it so he could brag about it. Him giving my mum a grand as she was wanting new sofas for example wasn't that out of character. His wife leaving him he could have spoke to someone if he had reached that point. Or simply just killed himself like we said, would have been sad but can't judge someone for that. I find it bit sick how this wasn't a moment of him just snapping and losing it. Not that there is any excuse anyway. The daughter telling my mum she was going somewhere special tomorrow and it being a surprise. He had fucking planned it all. Have to say for all the good stuff he may of done, to do something as bad as what he did, it gets wiped in my books. I can't imagine that level of being sick and twisted that you could do such a thing to the person you should love more than anything.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Thing is before this though he wasn't just your "nice bloke" because he was a mate. He used to do untold stuff for people, helping them out in ways for free and would never do it so he could brag about it. Him giving my mum a grand as she was wanting new sofas for example wasn't that out of character. His wife leaving him he could have spoke to someone if he had reached that point. Or simply just killed himself like we said, would have been sad but can't judge someone for that. I find it bit sick how this wasn't a moment of him just snapping and losing it. Not that there is any excuse anyway. The daughter telling my mum she was going somewhere special tomorrow and it being a surprise. He had fucking planned it all. Have to say for all the good stuff he may of done, to do something as bad as what he did, it gets wiped in my books. I can't imagine that level of being sick and twisted that you could do such a thing to the person you should love more than anything.
    Shit Bazil man that's proper fucked up...grief does weird things to people's heads, obviously felt the need to hurt his ex as much as possible

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (08-02-19), GEORGE (08-02-19)

GreenBalls Guest

Just in case anyone is still interested...

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...sed-by-police/

"Det Insp Lyford said that, following preliminary findings from fire investigators, he had taken the decision to rule out several rumours which had spread locally.
    We do not believe that a boiler defect was responsible and we can confirm there is no truth in rumours that cannabis was being grown at the property and may have been a cause.”

So, "good" news, sort of.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-02-19), Sadface (12-02-19), toblue (13-02-19)