Thread: Coco, Autopots and Beneficial Bacteria

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Coco, Autopots and Beneficial Bacteria

Hello folks. Ive got a mate whos growing in coco using an auto pot system in 60/40 coco/hydroton mix using those bags.

He said he's had root rot on his last 2 grows, and as im not savvy with coco I told him ive got a whole heap of beneficial bacteria stuff Ive not used and that he should try them.

Ive got as follows :

Mycor Root packs

Great White

TNC Mycorr

TNC Bactorr

and a bunch of Morio Worm frass that I keep from my lizard food

Can he use this in his setup ? If so how best to use it ?

Ive told him to pot up with the Mycorr and sprinkle it around the potting hole, but as these auto pot systems feed from the bottom, im not sure how to use the rest as i dont want him to add it to his res and end up making it worse.

So im thinking Tea and top feed, or is it safe to add to the res ?

I know he uses Sugaree in bloom so im not sure how well thats going to go down with Bene's in the res.

Any insight from the coco gurus appreciated as I dont want to mislead him, and im hoping this may cure his pyth woes if done correctly and give him a nice boost to boot, as i dont want to give him any " Bro " science as im only clued up on 100% hydro.

Cheers guys / gals

2. "dont see the need for all that in coco lad, AB, silicon bit rhizo for veg, simple. keep it simple

all this top dress, and teas malarky etc he treatin coco like soil!!. tell him drop all this bollocks coz he not doin a soil / organic run!

start treatin hydro like an organic soil run your gona have a feckin nightmare of issues"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

dont see the need for all that in coco lad, AB, silicon bit rhizo for veg, simple. keep it simple

all this top dress, and teas malarky etc he treatin coco like soil!!. tell him drop all this bollocks coz he not doin a soil / organic run!

start treatin hydro like an organic soil run your gona have a feckin nightmare of issues

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Bin man (12-02-19), GEORGE (16-02-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    dont see the need for all that in coco lad, AB, silicon bit rhizo for veg, simple. keep it simple

start treatin hydro like an organic soil run your gona have a feckin nightmare of issues
    For sure joker! Fully agree, the only reason you need those microbes is if you're using organic nuits, and that kind of shit don't work right with hydro. Salt based nuits will fuck with the microbes anyway.

Coco is hydro man, you have to treat it that way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-02-19)