Thread: A bad childhood

Thanks

Default A bad childhood

Hi guys,

So I started my germ from seed on February 8th... Jumping straight into a new tent guns blazing without really doing climate control in the grow space before putting some girls in there..

The first week of their lives from sprouting has been a test to say the least... Ive been using a 600w hps which has made climate and atmosphere near impossible to get to where I want it...

The girls are a little stretched out now and in soaking Coco as I tried to water them FAR too much to keep the humidity as high as I could. One of the girls was displaced by watering and ended up growing sideways for a night until I corrected her too.
    They are starting to discolour a little, turning a kind of purple close to the centre of the new pistils that are growing. Still growing but I'm sure they have been stunted and shocked by the constant environment changes in the tent.

Is it going to be worth carrying on with these babies now they are in a more comfortable environment or would it be best to just wipe the slate and start again with optimal conditions?
    Part of me wants to nurse them back to health but the other part doesn't want to waste 4months on a failed cycle.
    What would you suggest here?

Also, any tips to keep humidity high in the tent until my humidifier is delivered are also greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SplaturDan For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-02-19), GEORGE (20-02-19), Greengrass (24-02-19), Ironman (20-02-19), SmobyToker#1 (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SplaturDan View Post
    Hi guys,

So I started my germ from seed on February 8th... Jumping straight into a new tent guns blazing without really doing climate control in the grow space before putting some girls in there..

The first week of their lives from sprouting has been a test to say the least... Ive been using a 600w hps which has made climate and atmosphere near impossible to get to where I want it...

The girls are a little stretched out now and in soaking Coco as I tried to water them FAR too much to keep the humidity as high as I could. One of the girls was displaced by watering and ended up growing sideways for a night until I corrected her too.
    They are starting to discolour a little, turning a kind of purple close to the centre of the new pistils that are growing. Still growing but I'm sure they have been stunted and shocked by the constant environment changes in the tent.

Is it going to be worth carrying on with these babies now they are in a more comfortable environment or would it be best to just wipe the slate and start again with optimal conditions?
    Part of me wants to nurse them back to health but the other part doesn't want to waste 4months on a failed cycle.
    What would you suggest here?

Also, any tips to keep humidity high in the tent until my humidifier is delivered are also greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hey Bud, post some pictures and then I'll try my best to help. Need to know what condition they're in before making a decision on whether to scrap or continue.

To sort out your humidity, place a bowl of water in the groom with ΒΌ of a towel soaked in it. Hang the towel just above the pot with the bottom soaked, should help keep humidity up for the time being.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-19), Greengrass (24-02-19), Ironman (20-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Hi mate, welcome to the talk.

Use this thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Copy and paste the form and fill in the blanks and we should be able to give you a better idea of what's going on.

Once you get to 10 posts you can upload pics. Pics speak a thousand words

Sent from Thames Iron works

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-02-19), GEORGE (20-02-19), Greengrass (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Hi mate, welcome to the talk.

Use this thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Copy and paste the form and fill in the blanks and we should be able to give you a better idea of what's going on.

Once you get to 10 posts you can upload pics. Pics speak a thousand words

Sent from Thames Iron works
    Forgot about the 10 post rule lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-02-19), Greengrass (24-02-19), Ironman (20-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

the purple sounds like a nute issue. Are you feeding them? in coco they need feed right away. If you're back ground ec is around 0.2 then make the feed strength around 0.6 and see them grow. No point starting again mate, go with it. Regards the humidity, things will even out as you're plants grow and transpire more, but when they small and massive lights, hum is gonna be non existent. My advice - get a 200 watt blue cfl for vegging until they are around 8-12 inches tall, then change to hps. best of luck mate -
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

British green (24-02-19), Greengrass (24-02-19)