Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why would nutrient burn only effect bud sites and not the leaves?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Why would nutrient burn only effect bud sites and not the leaves?

Hello again people,

Have a bit of an issue with leaves/buds turning yellow and pistols looking dark n frazzled. At first wasn't sure if rot or not, but as nothing has changed in the last 48hrs, and no black/white spores, we are assuming some kind of nutrient / ec (2.3) issue.

I am just curious to know why this has only affected the very small leaves within the bud, but not any of the main leaves, fan leaves etc. which are all still lush green.

There was an issue in veg with main leaves turning yellow which we now know was too much nitrogen, and got better as the N was used up after flipping. So I am just wondering if this yellowing of the bud sites this time could be something like too much Phosphorus or potassium??

I need a pro in the know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190222_202059.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	370204
    Last edited by THCBrova; 24-02-19 at 07:59 PM.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by THCBrova View Post
    ... why this has only affected the very small leaves within the bud, but not any of the main leaves, fan leaves etc. which are all still lush green.
    Thinking out loud here...

The bud sites, i.e. pistils, sugar leaves, the slightly confused mild reveg etc, are the MOST actively growing areas of the plant. In other words, whatever the plant is fed, those areas are what the plant prioritises. So if the plant is being over fed, those very areas are what get hit.

Dude you're loving the plant to ... oblivion. Let her go on a diet for a bit, like feed her just water and let her do a detox, a cleanse, so to speak. I'd bet that everyone would feel better for it."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-19), Greengrass (25-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,276 Times

Looking at that pic they look over fed

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to queen_elizaspliff_90 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (25-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), Gramps (25-02-19), Greengrass (25-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

didn't i see this girl already in a different thread?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (25-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), Greengrass (25-02-19), the green meanie (25-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    didn't i see this girl already in a different thread?
    Yes but different question. Trying to understand exactly what is going on, to learn, but also avoid the same mistake in the future.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Thanks

Looks like you have nutrient burn and budrot, the burnt tips on the leaves indicate the overfeeding the rot was probably caused by a humidity or airflow problem.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (26-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

The OP has been told he's over feeding and has bud rot on other threads with the same picture,but won't listen until sombody tells him something he wants to hear ,that's the impression I'm geting anyway .....but you most definitely have bud rot thcbrova ...

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (26-02-19), Bin man (27-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125201914271.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	370218
    That patch there looks definitely like rot
    Give a leaf a tug from there and if it comes away with little resistance it's rot afraid to say

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Quote Originally Posted by THCBrova View Post
    ... why this has only affected the very small leaves within the bud, but not any of the main leaves, fan leaves etc. which are all still lush green.
    Thinking out loud here...

The bud sites, i.e. pistils, sugar leaves, the slightly confused mild reveg etc, are the MOST actively growing areas of the plant. In other words, whatever the plant is fed, those areas are what the plant prioritises. So if the plant is being over fed, those very areas are what get hit.

Dude you're loving the plant to ... oblivion. Let her go on a diet for a bit, like feed her just water and let her do a detox, a cleanse, so to speak. I'd bet that everyone would feel better for it.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (26-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), Ginger-bud (28-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (26-02-19), Bin man (27-02-19), gardro (25-02-19), GEORGE (26-02-19), Greengrass (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    The OP has been told he's over feeding and has bud rot on other threads with the same picture,but won't listen until sombody tells him something he wants to hear ,that's the impression I'm geting anyway .....but you most definitely have bud rot thcbrova ...
    I dont care much for your tone mate, like talking about me while Im in the room!

Yes I was told ot was bud rot, by you I think in the other thread. But like I stated there, there has been no change. So forgive me if Im wrong but am pretty confident that if it was rot the whole lot would be dead by now.

In addition to this and as suggested in that other thread, rot usually starts somewhere n then spreads, this discoloration happened across the crop over night, making much more likely to be a result of the feed, as they where all subject to this at the same time.

Also, if you read the title of the 2 threads you will see that they are completely different questions, as I was attemping to get a greater understanding of what was happening at the (within) the plant level, in the hope of getting an educated answer to widen my knowledge and learn a more 'scientific' I guess, answer, than just "its over fed".

So as you were told in the other thread, and because you obviously dont listen until you hear what you want to hear.... it... is.... not... bud... rot.

Sorry
    Last edited by THCBrova; 26-02-19 at 03:51 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-19), MonsterEnergy (27-02-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast