Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice where to place Oscillating fan in drobe please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Default Advice where to place Oscillating fan in drobe please

Hi I've still not started my grow yet i'm hoping to next month but just wondered if somebody could give me some advice please, i just can't figure out where to place my fan in the drobe please i'm thinking of taking the pc fan out and using a proper oscillating fan, any help is appreciated cheers here's my diagram

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram 2.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	370244

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post
    Hi I've still not started my grow yet i'm hoping to next month but just wondered if somebody could give me some advice please, i just can't figure out where to place my fan in the drobe please i'm thinking of taking the pc fan out and using a proper oscillating fan, any help is appreciated cheers here's my diagram

Hey. Cannot answer your question but I am sure someone else will be along shortly. Nice drobe! Just curious, how much space so you have from the pot to the light?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-19), scorpion (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Hey. Cannot answer your question but I am sure someone else will be along shortly. Nice drobe! Just curious, how much space so you have from the pot to the light?
    I was wondering the same... Could move the filter to the loft and push through instead to clear space.
    How big is the whole space? And the fan?
    I have a small 4 inch one I stick on top of my dehumidifier so at about the top of the pots. As the plant grows I angle it upwards a little.

With all that said I've seen rot a couple times now so perhaps I should shut up and wait for the answer too

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), scorpion (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Whst dimensions do you have?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for replying peeps I have been thinking about it and trying to start the last few years but been a lot of shit going on and builders in the house and funding issues anyway here’s the dimensions and it’s a growdrobe cheers

width 30” depth is just under 20” and height is 54 and a half inch then shelf at the top and the height of that part is just under 12”
    My carbon filter is rhino pro 4”
    And fan is rhino twin speed 4”
    The fan I want to put in is a 12 inch one I think
    And not sure about the light heights yet just want to get everything prepared first then I can adjust them as they are on rope ratchets

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

You're not too far off the dimensions of my groom... but I have a bit more height

Throw your PC fan in the bin mate! If you are UK then why not use an Argos Budget 7" oscillating desk fan?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-02-19), Danno (10-03-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), scorpion (26-02-19), TomKing (26-02-19)

Thanks

That’s good to know m8, you’ve told me to get rid of the pc fan in the past lol that’s why I’m gonna use the bigger fan, was going to use the 12 inch one as I already have it will that be ok and where do u think would be the best place to place it cheers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

That’s good to know m8, you’ve told me to get rid of the pc fan in the past lol that’s why I’m gonna use the bigger fan, was going to use the 12 inch one as I already have it will that be ok and where do u think would be the best place to place it cheers
    I have the argos 12" fan too. I like to keep mine oscillating so I built a stand/shelf for mine to sit on. As long as your not blasting a plant constantly your golden.

I use led, so I need to push some of that heat that's high in my groom down to the pots. I have the fan slightly pointing down. I'll grab a pic of mine in a min when I go out for a smoke.

Sent from Thames Iron works

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cheers m8 I’m going to use the mars 300 and 300w dual cfl or do u think that will be overkill
    Cheers

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), Ironman (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Cheers m8 I’m going to use the mars 300 and 300w dual cfl or do u think that will be overkill
    Cheers
    That sounds fine mate, if you can fit it in. I've used cfl along side led before with no issue. Just remember the cfl needs to be much, much closer to the plant than the led. Also clean the cfl bulb every couple of weeks, youd be surprised how much dust builds up and filter the light straight away.

You'll get some heat from the cfl, if it were me and it fits, I'd use the cfl as side lighting and turn the pot quarter turn every day.

Sent from Thames Iron works

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), M_C (26-02-19), scorpion (26-02-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast