Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Negative pressure grow tent lighting and temps.

Thanks

Default Negative pressure grow tent lighting and temps.

I am currently running 4000w led (2000 x 2) in a 32 x 32 (83 cm x 83 cm) tent with a 6 inch vent. 2 plants in the tent 3 weeks into flowering.

Temps are kinda low 72 degrees or 22.2 c. The fan does not have a speed controller and it's running at full speed. This creates significant negative pressure in the tent. The inlets are these ridiculous screened rectangular flaps. not enough pressure to rip the tent apart but I am a little concerned. I think it's ridiculous that these things are supposed to be light proof yet have the square inlets with no light blocking I had to create a cardboard light trap and duct tape it on to the side of my tent.

People are very paranoid about light leaks but I don't understand because we have the moon and the last time I've been outdoors it's never been pitch Black. Anyway that's another discussion.

I guess I'm looking for some validation make sure everything is okay so far they're growing happy. I know I went a little overboard with the lights but it seems as though these LED lights have shit penetration one light simply didn't cut it.

Any questions or comments will be appreciated.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-02-19), GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hi and welcome to the Talk

Which lights are they?

You will need a fan controller for sure to slow your fans down and increase the temps to 25-28 for led

Light leaks are often discussed in same conversations as bad things so don't take chances with them.

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...nd-a-bit-autos

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=gardro;1070922669]Hi and welcome to the Talk

Which lights are they?

You will need a fan controller for sure to slow your fans down and increase the temps to 25-28 for led

Light leaks are often discussed in same conversations as bad things so don't take chances with them.

Current diary

One is a moreson the other a Vander. I know a little fcontroller would help with the fan speed thereby reducing the negative pressure and other issues I might have to pick one up. And thanks for the welcome.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-02-19), GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

[QUOTE=Gabriel Green Hands;1070922900]
    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Talk

Which lights are they?

Current diary

One is a moreson the other a Vander. I know a little fcontroller would help with the fan speed thereby reducing the negative pressure and other issues I might have to pick one up. And thanks for the welcome.
    Get a diary going and we can keep an eye on things with you.

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...nd-a-bit-autos

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19), Valentina (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I've not fact checked this, but you mentioned the moonlight which got me curious and found this comment...

The measurement of light reflecting of the moon from the sun and then all the way down to earth is not enough to cause photosynthesis, probably a lumen or two at most and this is not to mention the colour spectrum which probably wouldnt help matters

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[QUOTE=gardro;1070922983][QUOTE=Gabriel Green Hands;1070922900]

Get a diary going and we can keep an eye on things with you.

Current diary

[ur

I will most definitely look into getting one of those going because I do want document things and it'll help me to better organize because I've got multiple strains going on and different stages of growth it's a mess right now but I'm just getting up and running.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

gardro (01-03-19), GEORGE (02-03-19)

Thanks

I hear what you're saying and I understand that it's reflective light but honestly I still don't buy it. The amount of lumens the come off of the sun that hit the earth are incomparable to any type of artificial lighting now granted that that some light is being reflected off the moon and then bounce the Earth but still it is a strong beam man. also how does this explain outdoor growers now if we're talking about spectrum of light let's say somebody's growing near an HPS bulb I think that they would have less concerned there then they would have from the Moon in my honest opinion. anyway that's neither here nor there my frustration lies in the manufacturer of these grow tents that don't seem to understand how we are to light proof a tent that was essentially constructed for the purpose of keeping our plants dark during the flowering cycle. Honestly I'm an old-school grower when I started growing we didn't have chance what we used was cabinets that you buy from the local hardware store we would then alter those cabinets and hang our lights much like a grow tent or grow closet. Bottom line I should have done more research but all these tents should have circular inlets that way you can add ducting and create a p-trap or you can extend it out to the output of another tent it just gives you more options. But when you have a rectangular opening your only option is to create something half-assed and put it on the side of the square open with duct tape no less.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also guys what do you think about this I'm about to purchase something now I was looking at fan speed controllers and that's the norm which is fine I can adjust the speed. obviously if it's lower fan speed in the tent the temperatures will increase in my grow tent.
    But here's another option there I found first similar price it's a thermostatic controller basically when the heat reaches a certain temperature it closes the circuit and allows my fan to operate once again at full speed bail because remember there is no speed control. You guys think this would be a better option. My only concern is that I don't want it turning on and off what's a 1 degree variance. In other words I don't want it to drop down from 80 to 79 when on and then click back on when the temperature rises one degree. I suppose this all depends on the thermostatic control used and the manufacturer of said thermostatic control.
    Now one of the reasons that I've been hesitant to use any of these it's because it's another point of failure or potential failure for a critical piece of equipment if my fan goes my crops will be toast in one day.

once again guys thank you very much and I look forward to starting that grow journal and sharing now that it's legal in my state I have nothing to worry about. Marijuana Prohibition in the United States I believe has set our country back decades. I've heard stories about car panels being manufactured out of hemp by Henry Ford in the 1940s imagine if we would have continued this type of research full force. Don't get me started.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I ended up adding 2 holes to my tent using spigots/flanges. Sorta like the below video only I used one on both inside and outside so I could attach ducting inside if needed

https://youtu.be/IeXMnG7T1VA

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Gabriel Green Hands (02-03-19), GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Silkadin;1070923098]I ended up adding 2 holes to my tent using spigots/flanges. Sorta like the below video only I used one on both inside and outside so I could attach ducting inside if needed

that is an amazingly excellent idea and I cannot believe all the searching that I did I did not come across that video. I did quite a bit of searching a lot of people mention the light baffle on other things but not a flange such as this this would be a problem solver. If my tent holds up this is the next upgrade I will do to it. Thanks.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19), Silkadin (01-03-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast