Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbee

Thanks

Default Newbee

Hi guys. Planing a small autoflower grow soon and have 0 experience in growing. I'm buying a 60x60x140 grow tent due to limited space with a 4" filter and 350w dimmable LED light ( viperspectra ). Before I buy anything though, I'm wondering how many plants I could squeeze in to this space and if the equipment I plan on buying is suitable. I'm assuming there's no way I'm getting more than 2 in there but what I want to know is if I would be better growing 1 in a 20L pot or 2 in 10L pots or what not? Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hayds2k10 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19), G' (01-03-19), GasMan (28-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi mate, welcome along

2 autos or 1 photoperiod is the optimum for your space... lighting depending (as I know sod all about LED)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19), G' (01-03-19), GasMan (28-02-19), UpT0wn (28-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Hi mate, welcome along

2 autos or 1 photoperiod is the optimum for your space... lighting depending (as I know sod all about LED)
    Thanks man.

That's what I had in my mind. I thought autoflowers would be a better place to start due to a total lack of experience. After all you can't run before you can walk! To my understanding, 350w light for the space I have is plenty. Trial and error I suppose.

Thanks for your input.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hayds2k10 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19), M_C (28-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Welcome aboard mate. I grow in a very similar space. Just put up a post about it as its very very tight in there with 2 girls in 15l pots. Ive done 4 in a 60x60 before but they were very stunned. I wouldnt have a hope of doing that now.

2 x 10l pots sounds right :-)
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wn View Post
    Welcome aboard mate. I grow in a very similar space. Just put up a post about it as its very very tight in there with 2 girls in 15l pots. Ive done 4 in a 60x60 before but they were very stunned. I wouldnt have a hope of doing that now.

2 x 10l pots sounds right :-)
    Thanks man.

I think I'm gonna go for the 2 in 10L pots! Seems the safest and best method going by the countless YouTube videos I've watched lol. Wow I didn't think 4 in a space like that was even possible, I guess it depends on the strain also.

Thanks for your input man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hayds2k10 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hayds2k10 View Post
    Thanks man.

I think I'm gonna go for the 2 in 10L pots! Seems the safest and best method going by the countless YouTube videos I've watched lol. Wow I didn't think 4 in a space like that was even possible, I guess it depends on the strain also.

Thanks for your input man.

Ah well its M_Cs input. I was just agreeing ;-)
    I think it was only possible because I made countless mistakes. Managed 99g that first auto grow. Once I started taking in all the stellar advice from the talk, that increased significantly. Stick around buddy :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19), hayds2k10 (28-02-19)

Thanks

Ah well its M_Cs input. I was just agreeing ;-)
    I think it was only possible because I made countless mistakes. Managed 99g that first auto grow. Once I started taking in all the stellar advice from the talk, that increased significantly. Stick around buddy :-)
    Gotta make mistakes to learn I guess! I'm glad I came across this thread, I'm sure with the dudes in here helping me with my questions I can have a successful first grow! Can't wait to kick it off.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hayds2k10 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Thanks

Best thing you could do is set up a diary. Its fun too ;-)

Maybe reconsider the height size? My 160cm was limited once ya put in the filter,light distance etc and I train mine as flat as I can get em

18. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Thanks

Best thing you could do is set up a diary. Its fun too ;-)

Maybe reconsider the height size? My 160cm was limited once ya put in the filter,light distance etc and I train mine as flat as I can get em
    Yeah I might just do that!

I think I have about 150-160cm max height available. I was looking into LST and topping. But it seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be for a first grow. I figured if i bend and tape some of the branches to fill out the space at the sides I might just get away with the 140cm. Then again I know nothing really lol. I plan on buying some white widdow seeds from RQS. States they grow 40-80cm indoor but I don't know how reliable that estimation is.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hayds2k10 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (01-03-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast